Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Magazine Baseplate

Thanks for the tip. I will give that a try.

If Kahr pistols have an inherent weakness, it's the plastic mag bases. I have had one break while in my holster on my belt, and dump its contents on the ground. That mag had never suffered any abuse. Kahr's plastic mag bases are obviously less robust than other popular brands. After my eye opening incident, I switched all of mine out for the metal bases. Would have been nice if NDZ would make their customizable aluminum bases for the Kahrs, but as far as I can tell, the metal bases from Kahr are the only option.

Nope. Lakeline, LLC offers +1 aluminum bases. They work very well.

edit: Actually in looking at their site now I only see 3D printed extensions. The ones I have from them are +1 aluminum. Sorry. That being said I have other 3D printed bases from other companies and I haven't suffered any failures with them. Yet.

https://lakelinellc.com/product-cate...l-accessories/

Quote Originally Posted by dao View Post
    Nope. Lakeline, LLC offers +1 aluminum bases. They work very well.

edit: Actually in looking at their site now I only see 3D printed extensions. The ones I have from them are +1 aluminum. Sorry. That being said I have other 3D printed bases from other companies and I haven't suffered any failures with them. Yet.

https://lakelinellc.com/product-cate...l-accessories/
    That's interesting. I'm not sold on the reliability of 3D printed parts though.

In my searching, I seem to recall that did see some +1 base plates that were aluminum at one time. But IMO, that kind of negates some of the point of having a K9 or P9 in the first place. IMO, it makes more sense to just carry a spare mag. (with metal base plate )