Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rusting magazine release button CM9

I am too fat for iwb right now
    Carry in chepo uncle mikes pocket holster size 4. Right front Jean pocket . Sweat no problem very quick draw and comfy. Protects entire gun. El paso texas. It's a dry heat. Lol

You might look at High Noon Holsters. Their Split Decision is leather and the gun never touches the body if you wear a T-shirt as I do. Just a suggestion.
    Sent from the ethers by magic.
    Archeologists have discovered that ancient people loved to drink from broken cups.

Quote Originally Posted by Slvrbak View Post
    I am too fat for iwb right now
    Carry in chepo uncle mikes pocket holster size 4. Right front Jean pocket . Sweat no problem very quick draw and comfy. Protects entire gun. El paso texas. It's a dry heat. Lol
    thats where my PMJ9 has been for the last 7 years in a uncle mikes #3 and does a fine job. I don't and wont dress to carry, so although in jeans and in left front pocket is certainly not a fast draw area, The bad guy doesn't know I am carrying and I know if I have to dress to carry the weapon would stay home more than with me..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but I'm noticing rust on my PM45 (bought used) and my CW45 (bought new last year). I didn't notice it before (winter), but now that I'm doing a lot of work outside and sweating like a pig, I'm assuming my sweat is the cause. During the summer I carry appendix IWB. I ordered two new magazine releases, but am wondering if I should do anything to them before replacing the old ones and trying to take the rust off. I am noticing the rust inbetween the grooves on the part of the magazine release your thumb presses on, but I haven't taken them out of the guns yet.

Maybe I'll spray paint that area, since the inside of the grooves (where most of the rust is collecting) shouldn't rub off anyway.
    Last edited by Scott321; 06-05-2020 at 12:58 PM.

Salty sweat will do it. I’m on my second rusty pm9 release. Now I just wipe off the rust and apply a drop of oil. Good for a while then I reapply. Same with the p380. The only time it bothers me is when someone looks at the pistol and says “what’s with the rust”. This usually happens while explaining the virtues of owning a Kahr.

They really should make a stainless part for that. I bet Lakeline could make one. The question would of course be cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman507 View Post
    Mine does the same thing in the summer. I buff out the rust and coat it with Ezeox. It's good for another couple of weeks.
    It's just one of those things that happens in the summer time.
    +1 on Eezox...best rust preventative there is, IMO, plus it's dry once it cures.

Renaissance wax...................use it on my revolver for protection. Works like a charm.