Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new   Xssights

Thread: "Stand Your Ground" Infographic

Default "Stand Your Ground" Infographic

I just found this nice infographic...
    http://www.readyholster.com/blog/sta...ws-infographic

Some eye-opening statistics that are good to share with others that live in "la la land".

Excellent post. Sadly it is accuracy declines with every change in the law which for the most part is good for us as more states are strengthening self defense statutes.
    Wake Up...Grow Up...Show Up...Sit Up...Shut Up...Listen Up

Yea, it is definitely not a legal guide to follow, but it was created recently... so it is a good tool (for now) to share with acquaintances who don't like guns because they are "dangerous". Maybe some of these stats will help them realize why we believe guns are beneficial for personal defense against those who would do harm to us or our family. It is more of a "wake up and smell the coffee" graphic.

Strict gun laws or not, BG's don't care. And guns in the hands of law abiding citizens help to even the odds. People are completely ignorant to think they can call 911 when someone malicious breaks in and the cops will rush to their rescue. You are your first defense... period. By the time law enforcement gets there, they will bring the "chalk"... and I'm not talking about the Crayola sidewalk stuff in fun colors.

FYI, graphic is not accurate for Virginia w/ respect to 'retreat'. We are neither Castle (superfluous law in the eyes of many of us gun owners here) nor do we have a duty to retreat law. Case law drives Virginia self defense situations. You are backed up by case law to defend yourself anywhere you are. You can make an argument on both sides of whether we need it or not, but wanted to mention that graphic isn't totally accurate.

Good point. Don't rely on a graphic found on the internet for legal advice.

Especially Tinman's graphics!

My main thought when I posted the link can be read above. I'm sure there are a few other states that don't exactly fit into one of those 3 categories either, so they probably made their closest approximations in those cases on the graphic.

I agree, legally, don't use anything posted on the internet...Tinman or not. LOL.

Yea, you are probably right. When in doubt and there is no Castle on the books, assume you need to CYA and retreat. IMO, retreat should always be your first move anyway, regardless of the law. I will even retreat from my own home if possible, but that's just me. I'd rather run than clean up a mess. That includes leaving the top story out a window w/ a fire ladder if I can get to it. Shooting someone, no thanks. Have to, you betcha.

Some folks aren't going to buy into the stats no matter what you say or show them. I tend to just go to the Constitution and Libertarian position and then turn another 'right' on them. First, its none of your blankety blank business what I own or what I have on my person. Second, want to talk about violating the 2A, then let's talk about stripping you of your 1A or better yet, let's station a armed army private in everybody's house. Which other ones do you want to throw out. That usually does the job unless they are so far left nothing will help.