CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20 round Thompson mags

You mean your UPS guy doesn't call ahead and you meet him at the corner?

Quote Originally Posted by jhunt67 View Post
    You mean your UPS guy doesn't call ahead and you meet him at the corner?
    I got lucky when I decided to have the mags delivered to work. The tracking number said they require an adult (Over 21) signature. Dodges a hail of bullets on that one.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Darn it took me forever to refind this thread.

I just received my order from At The Front for 5 20rd Tommy mags. If you order they do require an adult signature so plan accordingly. They look brand spanking new. I got 4 Auto Ordnance and 1 Seymour. Wish it was the other way around as the Seymours I've seen look better quality.

These all look really good though. I need to tweak my mag catch just a bit more to fit the AO's I already have and I should be set in the Tommy arena.

At 15 bucks a copy, I thought it was a good deal. Now just save up for a truck load (large) of 45 ammo an life will be just fine.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I just spent a couple hours, (tinkering pace) and fine tuned my mag catch lever. When I originally modified it I was concerned about going too far so only took enough to barely make an unmodified mag lock in.

I discovered that I didn't go nearly enough. None of the new 20 rounders I got would lock in and only the Seymour's I had before would lock in, not the AO's etc.

So I took off some more material and after maybe 10 in and out trials I'm happy to report that all the unmodified magazines work perfectly and lock in rock solid.

The 20's seem to fit the snuggest, (barley lock in) but insert, give a good smack and they are solid so I'm gonna leave it as good to go pending some actual live fire trials.

Picture a big smiling dude in a wheeled land craft......that's me.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Not my ad, but for the performance artistes out there - a pair of 20 round 'blank' mags
    http://sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/collectors.cgi?read=44218
    Leave the gun, take the cannoli

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I gotta find a weekend job and create a slush fund.
    If only you had a worthwhile skill like making grips or something.....*cough cough*

Default 10-4 on that

Quote Originally Posted by JustinN View Post
    If only you had a worthwhile skill like making grips or something.....*cough cough*
    I think he needs to work with esmeralda for a few months to see if can improve. She loves to ride horses, so Bawanna and her ha ve sumpin in common with horses. Just sayin

His table manners suck

I can say without a doubt ,,, he hates monkeys..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

The sad thing is I can't possibly make grips fast enough to make it pay.

It takes 8 to sometimes 12 hours and sometime longer. I've streamlined it considerable since my early days butchering wood and some power sanders etc would speed things up immensely. It seems when I go for speed I always am somewhat disappointed with the end product.

Heat and good light in my garage would be a good start. I work mostly in my man cave warm and well lit with a drill press and a bandsaw the only power dust makers.

I sometimes trek out to the garage for some power sanding to save time but not a good deal.

I really don't want to be rich anyhow, having to lay awake at night wondering how someone is trying to steal it or the monkey taking a huge cut. I actually don't hate monkey's, but I have little use for missing links, you know the step between monkeys and us. I could name one but I hear helicopters overhead.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan