Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Just bought my first CW40

Default Just bought my first CW40

I just purchased my first Kahr at a gun show yesterday. I honestly didn't know that there was an economy series in the Kahr pistols. When I saw the price tag on the cw9 an cw40, I immediately picked one up and inspected it. After haggeling the price down to 405.00 out the door, I became the proud owner of a cw40. I went ahead and bought a Hogue Handall Jr. to help fit my hand a little better. I also purchased a Kydex holster by Rhinoholsters. It's a cross between an IWB and OWB. I also picked up a variety of ammo for the break-in and for defense carry. I purchased 50rnds. of Win Ranger 180gr T-series, 50 of Fed HST 135gr, 50 Speer gold dot 180gr, 50 Fed Hi-shok 155gr, and a 100 rnd Remington UMC 180gr JHP value pack. If my pistol cycles the T-series well, that will be my carry/defense load. I used to shoot it in a S&W SD40, and it was not only mild shooting, but it was so accurate I could somtimes hit the previous bullet holes in my target at 15 feet. I plan on installing some Trijicon sights as soon as money allows. Oh, I read that your supposed to load the chamber by inserting the mag and dropping the slide via the slide stop lever, to feed reliably. But after cleaning and lubeing my pistol, it cycles everything I have by just racking the slide by hand. I guess that's more of a precaution than a rule. Anyway, I love my new Kahr, and I can't wait to shoot it.:86: I'll give a detailed range report as soon as I can.

make sure you run a couple hundred through it for break in, i have the same gun the more i shoot the better it gets. its my only edc trust it with my life, easy to clean and take down you will be happy with the gun i know i am

Just bought my first Kahr and it too is a CW40, looking forward to many happy range trips with it!