Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DE1911 is outstanding!

Photobucket is your best bet.
    It's easy to use. Upload the photo click on it, click the direct link box and
    come here to post. Click the & paste the link and you're good to go.

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Thanks Bawanna I will try and see what photobucket is about. I do love my Remington. On Monday when I went to the firing range I fired both of the 1911's exactly the same way with exactly the same number and brand of ammo. Both were flawless. The DE performs just slightly better and to me the Remington gets the edge in looks. I do love stainless. The series 80 safety just makes the trigger a little heavier.

Remember to block your serial numbers, I forget that all the time, maybe not a big thing but once something goes on the internet it lives the forever. Just one less thing ya know.

Fire up the photobucket and post them pics. I'm not real good at it but if I can do it you can do it for sure.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks Tinman. Wrote those instructions down. That should help.

Great reminder on the serial numbers. Not sure how anyone would use them but great to know.

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

We've had guys wander through the pawn shop and write down serial numbers, then report the tool or item stolen. Biggest issue in a theft sometimes is proving you owned it in the first place.

Too bad we can't innoculate honesty along with all the other stuff. Be bad for politicians and lawyers but worth it.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Congrats on the new DE1911!
    Quote Originally Posted by warbird1 View Post
    Thanks Bawanna I will try and see what photobucket is about. I do love my Remington. On Monday when I went to the firing range I fired both of the 1911's exactly the same way with exactly the same number and brand of ammo. Both were flawless. The DE performs just slightly better and to me the Remington gets the edge in looks. I do love stainless. The series 80 safety just makes the trigger a little heavier.
    I like tinypic.com for posting photos as you don't need to set up an account to use it.

It's been my experience, that a properly tuned Series 80 1911's trigger can be just as good as those on non Series 80 guns. My R1S had a slight burr in the lever slot at the top of the frame; a little file work there really smoothed the trigger pull on it.

Regards,
    Greg

That sure is pretty. Just love the classic lines I guess.

The two Remingtons I've fondled, both blued versions had excellent triggers in them. Very nice indeed.

I surely haven't wrote off the Remington because of the 80 series trigger, that's for sure. It's on the someday list.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Had to try the tinypic.com. Seems I tried it before and couldn't figure it out. Looks simple enough this time, see if it works.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan