It's as follows:

1. M1 Garand
    2. 1911
    3. AR-15

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post

Had to try the tinypic.com. Seems I tried it before and couldn't figure it out. Looks simple enough this time, see if it works.
    Love that photo and that surely is another "Classic" firearm. Some folks might say it's an old design, but it still can get the job done! Thanks for sharing that
    That sure is pretty. Just love the classic lines I guess.

The two Remingtons I've fondled, both blued versions had excellent triggers in them. Very nice indeed.

I surely haven't wrote off the Remington because of the 80 series trigger, that's for sure. It's on the someday list.
    Boss,
    I think you know that I'm a fan of the Old Warhorse in all it's various flavors, but I do have a soft spot for the Government size with a big spur hammer and vertical slide serrations:

Regards,
    Greg

BTW, here's another useful free online photo service:
    http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

It took me 20 years to finally acquire that Garand, I was afraid of getting a hodge podge parts put together and wanted a good one.

A friend knew a guy that had one he was selling, he got it the DCMP and I bought it sight unseen. It's really really nice.

I put it back in it's original stock (unfortunately)right before the storm range day, didn't hurt it much but a few dings.

That laminate stock is in a box awaiting future use maybe on yours. I'll keep my eyes open for a sweet Garand for ya. I'm no expert on them, I researched until I got headaches, there's all kinds of stuff to look for.

Kind of like 1903 Springfields. DKMathews can relate to that I'm sure.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Greg, I think we're twins separated at birth. I like spur hammers too.

Sad you got born with all the brains and I got the good looks and natural chick magnetism. Seems we could of divided it up more equally.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Greg, I think we're twins separated at birth. I like spur hammers too.

Sad you got born with all the brains and I got the good looks and natural chick magnetism. Seems we could of divided it up more equally.
    LOL, I think you are right (though I wouldn't say you are lacking in the smarts department my friend), but you know even a blind pig will find an acorn now and again. My lovely wife:

Regards,
    Greg

Even chick magnets miss one now and then. She's a pretty lady, ok gorgeous might be a better word and obviously well versed in getting stuff done. I recall an earlier photo of her in a military type shoulder holster with if memory serves a 1911 but not crystal clear.

Welding, shooting, scooter riding, long as she can cook and clean fish I think you got a keeper on your hands.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Even chick magnets miss one now and then. She's a pretty lady, ok gorgeous might be a better word and obviously well versed in getting stuff done. I recall an earlier photo of her in a military type shoulder holster with if memory serves a 1911 but not crystal clear.

Welding, shooting, scooter riding, long as she can cook and clean fish I think you got a keeper on your hands.
    Thanks Bawanna, it was a 1911 in a shoulder holster
    She's a fine cook, but she's also a Registered Nurse and puts in some long days. Now me, being a retired gentleman of leisure, I have time for such things as doing the cooking
    Regards,
    Greg

Aww, so she's your sugar momma? I gotta get me one of them.

I used to look forward to being a man of leisure but I talked to one of them financial planner dudes awhile back and the way he laughed, well it don't look good. Seems I waited too long to plan for the future.
    I didn't tell him about my 401 gun safe and the guns for dog food retirement plan. I think it would have worked before that dreadful boating accident.

Having a nurse in house can't be a bad thing either. Aids longevity I suspect.

Maybe you and Wyn can exchange recipes?

Me I'm proficient at preparing the 3 basic food groups. Macaroni and Cheese, Steak, and Scotch. What else does a man need beside ammo of course?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

...Me I'm proficient at preparing the 3 basic food groups. Macaroni and Cheese, Steak, and Scotch. What else does a man need beside ammo of course?
    PIZZA (though mac and cheese on steak might countfor that) and BEER!:hungry:

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    PIZZA (though mac and cheese on steak might countfor that) and BEER!:hungry:
    Heck I forgot, there's 4 food groups, spaced out on the beer. I eat it but try to avoid pizza, not my favorite thing and it don't like me much either.

Don't like the sauce, weird, love tomatoes, tolerate catsup, hate pizza sauce.
    I do like the ones with all but he kitchen sink on them but wife always gets like just canadian bacon or cheese. Less other stuff the more sauce they put on.

Guess I'm lucky my young bride is a good cook an baker, I'd be a lot leaner and probably a lot meaner (never was a marine) if it weren't for her.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan