Magnum Research new   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: Front sight fell off

Default Front sight fell off

Cleaning my DE1911 yesterday when the front sight fell off. I guess the miniscule roll pin was defective. At least it was at home and not at the firing range so I didn't lose the sight. Took it to my LGS and he contacted Magnum Research. The gunsmith there said send in the sight along with the slide and they would fix it as that is not supposed to happen. They were very cooperative. The LGS is handling it so no cost. Just a minor inconvenience. Not like I don't have anything to shoot in the meantime.

I don't even recall how the front sight is attached on mine. Don't recall looking at it that close. I'll take a gander tonight in case any preventative measured need to be taken.

I thought it was dove tailed. Guess I better be more observant?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That's great service from Magnum Research and the LGS!

The front sight on my polished CM9 fell off and was lost while I was doing qualifying range work for my NC CCP. I guess it wasn't reinstalled securely enough after the polishing. No big wup. I had been wanting to put a FO front sight on it anyway. So I got one from Dawson Precision and had it installed. It's cool! Makes focusing on the front sight extra easy!
    Very interesting...

It is dovetailed however it is held in place by a very miniature roll pin. Otherwise it just slides right out of the dovetail cut.

I agree. Great service from both.