Quote Originally Posted by Dave Nowlin View Post
Not to be ugly as your work is definitely appreciated but something here stands out like a sore thumb to me. For the .45 you chose 230 gr, .40 180 gr. & for 9mm 115 grain. For the .40 & .45 you chose the heaviest weight bullet commonly used and for the 9mm you chose the lightest. It would have been more meaningful if you had used the 147 gr. for the 9mm as that is the heaviest weight commonly used and should have produced more recoil.
Just lucky I saw this since it's such an old thread. The logic behind the ammo selection for the review was to use what most folks can find at their local Walmart or other discount retailer. Remington bulk packs fit the bill since they are/were the most reasonably priced and nationally available JHP ammunition at the time. Not trying to be disagreeable, but I believe these Remington bulk packs represent the most commonly purchased bullet weights in each caliber except for the 88 grain 380 Auto.

In general, I've found the 147 grain 9mm to be softer shooting than the equivalent 115 or 124 grain loading. Equivalent meaning comparing full power defensive ammunition such as Speer Gold Dot 115 grain vs. Speer Gold Dot 147 grain. Recoil is subjective so what feels lighter for me may not feel lighter for you.