Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Finally....Recoil Cam is Done

Thanks for a great video. Considering the size of the handguns, I didn't think that the results were too bad. I have a PM40 and it's what I expected.
    PM40... My EDC. Just Sayin'

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
    ― Thomas Jefferson, Complete Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Ljutic View Post
    I tied several things together yesterday afternoon so I could make the most of my time. It was cool enough to start SIM-TEST ballistics testing again so I used the following ammo for Recoil Cam and later for a terminal ballistics test with each. All tested rounds are the 100 round Value Packs.

380 Rem UMC 88 Grain JHP
    9mm Rem UMC 115 Grain JHP
    40 S&W Rem UMC 180 Grain JHP
    45 ACP Rem UMC 230 Grain JHP

Based on my terminal testing results, I probably should have used Speer Gold Dots.
    Not to be ugly as your work is definitely appreciated but something here stands out like a sore thumb to me. For the .45 you chose 230 gr, .40 180 gr. & for 9mm 115 grain. For the .40 & .45 you chose the heaviest weight bullet commonly used and for the 9mm you chose the lightest. It would have been more meaningful if you had used the 147 gr. for the 9mm as that is the heaviest weight commonly used and should have produced more recoil.
    Kahr PM-9, Kahr CM-40, Kimber Pro Carry HD II, Springfield Armory Stainless Loaded Target, Sig P-220 Carry DAO, Sig 229 .40, Glock 19, Ruger SP-101 +++Kel-Tec KSG+++

In order to receive forgiveness, we must first forgive. Murphy's Law is still in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Nowlin View Post
    Not to be ugly as your work is definitely appreciated but something here stands out like a sore thumb to me. For the .45 you chose 230 gr, .40 180 gr. & for 9mm 115 grain. For the .40 & .45 you chose the heaviest weight bullet commonly used and for the 9mm you chose the lightest. It would have been more meaningful if you had used the 147 gr. for the 9mm as that is the heaviest weight commonly used and should have produced more recoil.
    Just lucky I saw this since it's such an old thread. The logic behind the ammo selection for the review was to use what most folks can find at their local Walmart or other discount retailer. Remington bulk packs fit the bill since they are/were the most reasonably priced and nationally available JHP ammunition at the time. Not trying to be disagreeable, but I believe these Remington bulk packs represent the most commonly purchased bullet weights in each caliber except for the 88 grain 380 Auto.

In general, I've found the 147 grain 9mm to be softer shooting than the equivalent 115 or 124 grain loading. Equivalent meaning comparing full power defensive ammunition such as Speer Gold Dot 115 grain vs. Speer Gold Dot 147 grain. Recoil is subjective so what feels lighter for me may not feel lighter for you.
    Owner of and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear blog. http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ljutic View Post
    I actually did a bit of that in this video.

http://youtu.be/2z8Nosaqsfc
    Old thread revival, but if like to see your entire 4 part series. It's marked private... Would or could you make it viewable?