Crimsontrace   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bought my first Kahr this weekend. (CM9)

Default Bought my first Kahr this weekend. (CM9)

Hi everyone. I picked up a cm9 this past weekend and hope to get some rounds through it this weekend. I was wondering if anyone can recommend a IWB holster for a small framed person with bony hips. I know there is many to choose from but just trying to see if any other smaller people had better luck with some over others. Thanks!!

The Don Hume IWB available through Kahr works well for me. The CM's and PM's are so easy to conceal I believe that just about any of the brand name holsters will work very well.

I highly recommend that you go to the Kahr-Tech section of this forum and follow the "proper prep of a new Kahr" sticky. I did and have over 2000 flawless rounds through my PM9.

Welcome to the forum

Welcome to KahrTalk.

Mostly pocket carry my PM9 but will occasionally IWB with a Remora holster. I prefer the more standard leather and Kydex clip style holsters over my Remora.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Take a look at Garrets Silent Thunder and PJ's. Both are very nice. I can't speak as little or bony hips, haven't had that condition for some time but either of those work good.
    I'm really an outside the belt guy but I've been doing the IWB thing for awhile now, trying to adapt to it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Take a look at Garrets Silent Thunder and PJ's. Both are very nice. I can't speak as little or bony hips, haven't had that condition for some time but either of those work good.
    I'm really an outside the belt guy but I've been doing the IWB thing for awhile now, trying to adapt to it.
    ^ +1 to this. I have one of each. The silent thunder is leather lined kydex, and the pj is just kydex. The leather lining of the silent thunder makes it a little thicker, but it's going to treat your gun with tender loving care. The pj is a bit more comfortable, and thinner. For a bony guy like you, I'd probably start with the pj since it's cheaper and turn around time is way less. For pocket carry I got a Stays Put soft holster which I really like. Tacky on the outside, and very slick on the inside. Easy to draw without pulling out the holster, and very inexpensive.
    I've lost my memory, and I can't remember where I put it.

Pistol: CM9

Holster: Silent Thunder Slim II Appendix IWB (see photo below) <http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/silent-thunder-slim-ii-appendix-carry/>

My holster is olive drab Kydex (also comes in black or coyote brown) lined with 'natural' (tan) leather (also comes in dark brown or black). This holster has an off-set clip to make it thinner. I have only had the CM9 and the holster for a couple of months, but so far I really like both of them. The holster is designed for appendix iwb carry and I have found it easy to conceal and use, as well as light and comfortable. Ron and Sheryl Garrett are nice people and a joy to do business with.

Lots of KahrTalk members really like the PJ holster and I may still buy one myself, just to check it out, but I really like the idea of a Kydex holster lined with a thin layer of leather - it makes drawing from the holster very quiet and easy, but the retention is very good (plus it's adjustable). I've never had an all Kydex holster, so I don't know how it compares to leather with regard to protecting the pistol's finish.

"Tolerance is a virtue of a man who has no convictions." - G.K. Chesterton

“In any compromise between food and poison, it is only death that can win.” – Ayn Rand

Talking

Welcome to the forum! And welcome to the CM9 Owners Club! Our official symbol is the wide grin smily because we are so happy with our purchase that we can't wipe the smile off our faces! So, here is your club badge.

To carry that jewel, I recommend the PJ IWB Holster. I and countless others here will tell you that this holster carrying one of these thin Kahrs just behind the hip is so comfortable and secure that you can't feel it there at all! You literally have to reach your hand over there and touch it to know it is still there. The holster is very thin and shaped just right. Hides easily under any shirt. Believe me: your holster search will be over! Get it with the FBI cant and the over the belt clip. Put it in the sweet spot behind your hip and you're good to go 24/7!
    Very interesting...

Thank you all for the info. I am going to do the "proper prep of a new Kahr". I have seen good things about the PJ IWB holster and I will probably order one. Thanks for the

PJ is thinner and lighter. The Silent Thunder is a bit more versatile and other options can be had for it. Both are great to do business with.
    http://pjholster.com/
    http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/
    "Never pet a burning dog"

welcome to the forum, all the holsters above are great! I have a mitch rosen clipper iwb laying around if you are interested let me know.
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!