Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: XDS versus PM45

keep that pm9 as it is the best without a doubt pocket 9 on the market for price and size. The xds will be a nice addition but a tad too big to pocket carry for most people.
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!

Well done reports guys. Very helpful.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Talking

To stir the pot......I prefer my S&W 40 Shield to both the PM45 and the XDs. In my opinion it is more comfortable to hold and shoot....ya I know, it isn't a 45, but it's a sacrafice I am willing to make. My PM40 is my "pocket gun" my Shield is my "IWB" gun.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by bonjorno2 View Post
    keep that pm9 as it is the best without a doubt pocket 9 on the market for price and size. The xds will be a nice addition but a tad too big to pocket carry for most people.
    thats what I am leaning to..........thanks for input................

good, you won't regret it, i've made that mistake before and you will regret it... snag a xds when you can and you will be happy!
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!

I've been trying to decide whether to get an XD-S or wait til the CM45 comes out. This thread is really helping me decide --- thank you, all! BTW, it's really refreshing reading a thread in a Kahr forum that favors a competing product. That's integrity.

As to the comments that the PM9 is a great pocket 9, all I can say is you guys must have bigger pockets than I do. I have a CM9 and almost always have to holster it, using my .380's as pocket guns. Then again, I wear fairly close-fitting jeans probably 90% of the time, so maybe that explains it. Anyway, great thread. Any updates or further thoughts?

Harleyrider... I am with you on the pocket carry thing. I even have trouble with a P380 in my front pocket and have tried everything other than Kydex. It probably just comes down to not liking to have much in your pockets and/or pant style. I'm not wearing "skinny jeans"! Ha.

I'm not the least bit warm to pocket carry. No way, no how, ain't gonna happen. In my tiny little mind it's not even a viable option. Thank goodness the world could care less about my tiny little minds opinions.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

No pocket carry for me and my xds or cw45.

I typically go with a dual clip hybrid and sometimes a one piece single clip kydex holster for short duration carry time. At the size of the xds or cw45, they probably do not need a dual clip, but this hybrid holster style for me is super stable and comfortable.

Might still chose to pocket carry occasionally with a cm9 or more likely a j-frame when I am out and about on a super hot summer day in light clothing, but it is a more rare method of carry for me.

Default ur

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I'm not the least bit warm to pocket carry. No way, no how, ain't gonna happen. In my tiny little mind it's not even a viable option. Thank goodness the world could care less about my tiny little minds opinions.
    situaton IMO is different to.I have always said pocket carry is not a fast draw areafor sure, but it is also a not a special dress thing either.Those little kahrs,expecially the 380's like kahr and Ruger make are made to be pocket carried. The PM 9's are IMO certainlyt pocketable, the 45's as small as they are IMO areprobably a tad to big,but who wants to carry a 45 anyways. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY