Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW-9 Front Night Sight

Default CW-9 Front Night Sight

Is there any way to buy just the Front night sight for a CW-9?

Default they don't

Quote Originally Posted by smithnsig View Post
    Is there any way to buy just the Front night sight for a CW-9?
    show it in their accessories as a single item. bite the bullet and just do it, and just install the front sight, which you can do in a heart beat. The back sight needs a sight pusher to get the factory sight out, so just store the rear night sight. actaully all u really need in that night sight is the front sight as it willbe doing all the work. In a defense situation, u are not going to be looking to line up both front and rear. The front sight is always your friend. See it clearly and all other things will fall in place, and certainly doing that will make u a much faster shooter in a defense situation...

the kahr cw front sight is a 15 minute job at best, they even supply the little tool to help install that front sight.. GO FOR IT.

Now kahrs night sites are made by trijicon, u might google them up and give them a call to see if they would sell the front sight only.. Who knows, just a phone call away.

Do they have the set screw issues resolved? I am not bad working on my guns, but I am no gunsmith.

White Falcon Guest

Pics please!!

Front sight only is easy. Just call Dawson Precision and order one. You can buy front, rear, or combination, what ever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrey View Post
    Front sight only is easy. Just call Dawson Precision and order one. You can buy front, rear, or combination, what ever you want.
    I've heard that as well. Told they have some very knowledgable people that will help you figure things out as well if you need to mess with sight height etc. As a factory replacement they should be able to fix you right up. Keep us posted if you go that route so we can all follow your lead, not have to break our own trail, some of us are down right lazy.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    I've heard that as well. Told they have some very knowledgable people that will help you figure things out as well if you need to mess with sight height etc. As a factory replacement they should be able to fix you right up. Keep us posted if you go that route so we can all follow your lead, not have to break our own trail, some of us are down right lazy.
    Also as Jocko mentioned a call to trijicon might be a good option. Many times I can't figure out their website or determine what I need and they'll have an instant answer over the phone. They can't possibly list every option us gun owners might dream up but they may have what we want. All ya gotta do is ask, worst case scenario you get a no, but try this. It's all good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default I am

very partial to the Dawson sight company, seems what ever they make is just ultra quality..

I installed the Dawson fiber optic front sight on my CW9. Going very slowly, paying attention to what I was doing, whole process didn't take 10 minutes. Staked it in securely, then added a small drop of Lok-tite red just to be sure. Let everything dry for 24 hours and good to go. The tritium sight shouldn't be much more.
    Dawson folks are great to deal with and stand behind their products. BTW the replacement Dawson sight is machined metal, not plastic. They make them in their own shop right here in TEXAS, USA.

If Jocko likes 'em, they gotta be good!

Default I like

I installed the Dawson fiber optic front sight on my CW9. Going very slowly, paying attention to what I was doing, whole process didn't take 10 minutes. Staked it in securely, then added a small drop of Lok-tite red just to be sure. Let everything dry for 24 hours and good to go. The tritium sight shouldn't be much more.
    Dawson folks are great to deal with and stand behind their products. BTW the replacement Dawson sight is machined metal, not plastic. They make them in their own shop right here in TEXAS, USA.

If Jocko likes 'em, they gotta be good!
    the made in AMERICA part by Dawson and no plastic either. Not cheap, but neither is life. My good friend at Accurate-Iron putme on to the Dawson Sight people, prior to that Ihad read only about them and never seen them. Taking his word for what they were I bought them for my G19. they are nice people to do business with..

actually IMO those staked sights on your cw kahr and on glocks are really nice, in that it does clean up the front of the slide alot, with no dovetail there and if they are good staked front sights like Dawsons and some other good mfg-ers, they look great. For a long time one could not get any staked sights for kahrs but now due tothe popularity of kahrs today, alot more sight companies are getting ont he kahr band wagon..

That used to be a selling point for going to a P model Kahr, the dovetailed sights, but now with good excellent sights being made for the CW series kahrs, kinda shoots that selling point right square in the a-s..