Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How tight is your 1911 C

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    I knew a fella once who added a bit of valve lapping compound to to his lube and then racked the slide a few hundred times. Smoothed things out real fine. I'm not recommending this procedure. Just sayin'.

lapping compound is not a bad idea at all for parts fitting, but i highly recommend it be done only after the slide and frame are completely stripped down and a thorough cleaning is done afterwords.

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    I knew a fella once who added a bit of valve lapping compound to to his lube and then racked the slide a few hundred times. Smoothed things out real fine. I'm not recommending this procedure. Just sayin'.

Something to think about. I am going to just rack the slide a few hundred times to see what the effect will be. That may be all it takes....

Quote Originally Posted by gunmut View Post
    Something to think about. I am going to just rack the slide a few hundred times to see what the effect will be. That may be all it takes....
    One box of ammo will do more than 1000 hand racks, and a few hundred will have that gun working like a Singer sewing machine. Just sayin'....
    Very interesting...

I understand that CZ has a fixture in thier factory that racks the slides on new CZ75s in a bath of oil for like 200-300 times before they leave the factory. Does anyone know if this is a standard part of the build proccess of other handguns as well?
    I am a big fan of CZ, have a few.
    Thanks for the input.

Ah....CZ's
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

I have been on a motorcycle trip the last week or so. Nice pic of your Rami, I have one in 9mm. Truth is I have not shot it much, I need to get it out a little more.