Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How To "Detail Strip" the Kahr's Upper!

Bawanna, What about Zena and MX5fan?????

There is a fine line between being an Alpha and a di** but the good ones can be one without the other showing.

Default who said

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna45cal View Post
    The thing about LEO's is they are trained at the academy to be Alpha's. Know everything about everything and never let anyone know that you don't have a clue. Most (perhaps that's too strong a word) are clueless about firearms. The gun is equal to a carpenters hammer. It's there, they been trained to use it but just no love.
    I hate going to ranges where everyone is a gunny and feels the need to instruct everybody that comes in. Not relaxing, usually not productive and mostly downright annoying. They are in a tough spot having to keep everyone safe and I'm sure they run into alot of folks that are not but usually you can tell pretty quickly if someone is up on stuff.
    At Liberty, feel free to breath anyway you desire. Sometimes comments come back quickly and are misinterpreted or miss the point or are too strong but I think everyone here is just trying to help and not make anyone look dumb except me of course, they seem to dwell on the fact that I wasn't born with a fully functioning brain, if it wasn't for my natural good looks, charm and love of guns, I'd have little purpose in life.
    u have natural goodlooks:33::33:

At Liberty, feel free to breath anyway you desire. Sometimes comments come back quickly and are misinterpreted or miss the point or are too strong but I think everyone here is just trying to help and not make anyone look dumb except me of course, they seem to dwell on the fact that I wasn't born with a fully functioning brain, if it wasn't for my natural good looks, charm and love of guns, I'd have little purpose in life.
    No problem here. I was referring to my local handgun maintenance instructor, who I like a lot and respect completely. It just seems so tedious sometimes, like I am a mistake waiting to happen, like I am so supposed to be in this constant state of intimidation...not intentional or conscious but it seems to be the personality type. He loves to share what he "knows", and I appreciate that.

I can't seem to go in the place without breaking some overlooked or nonintuitive rule. I tried to sweep brass during a match and was scolded by one of the regulars about making dust. I can't tell you what I was thinking in response, but I was kinda shooting the messenger so to speak but only figuratively. Of course, they all shoot better than I do, so I have to accept being the slime. I will just try not to be the next generation of tedious know-it-alls. I do realize that discipline is why the guys survived long enough to be a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by getsome View Post
    Bawanna, What about Zena and MX5fan?????
    I couldn't quote two messages but Pete14, you nailed it. I argue all the time with the boys that you can be reasonable and learn without being inferior even to a low level civillian species like myself.

As for Ms Zena and MX5Fan, the Queens of Kahr talk even if Ms Zena seems to be absent of late, and darn it I miss her. Well both Alpha (the girls can be alpha too) and nobody could do it better in my humble opinion. I'd love to share the same shooting range with those two. The same Alpha teaching apply to female LEO's and perhaps they have an even tougher time dealing with macho dudes that believe they can't do the job. Admittedly some can't but many can and do it well. But then what do I know. Personal opinions, everyone has one.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by at_liberty View Post
    No problem here. I was referring to my local handgun maintenance instructor, who I like a lot and respect completely. It just seems so tedious sometimes, like I am a mistake waiting to happen, like I am so supposed to be in this constant state of intimidation...not intentional or conscious but it seems to be the personality type. He loves to share what he "knows", and I appreciate that.

I can't seem to go in the place without breaking some overlooked or nonintuitive rule. I tried to sweep brass during a match and was scolded by one of the regulars about making dust. I can't tell you what I was thinking in response, but I was kinda shooting the messenger so to speak but only figuratively. Of course, they all shoot better than I do, so I have to accept being the slime. I will just try not to be the next generation of tedious know-it-alls. I do realize that discipline is why the guys survived long enough to be a pain.
    I know exactly what your talking about and I too am striving not to be the next generation of tedious know it alls. (for one thing, I don't think I'm qualified). There are ranges around me that I just don't go to for all the reasons you mentioned. It's been awhile I've been thinking of trying to go back and see if the pains have moved on but I always think that a whole new generation has probably taken over.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    u have natural goodlooks:33::33:
    Well ok, you got me. It was just a little white lie and momma says a little white lie never hurt nobody. Probably good since your machine gun Kelly smiley face would have defaced me horribly. I heard a rumor that Mr. Dietrich had naturally good looks but that could be a bold faced little white lie too.
    Don't tell the queens Ms Zena and Ms MX5fan. Trying to present a positive image don't ya know.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Default I will have

I couldn't quote two messages but Pete14, you nailed it. I argue all the time with the boys that you can be reasonable and learn without being inferior even to a low level civillian species like myself.

As for Ms Zena and MX5Fan, the Queens of Kahr talk even if Ms Zena seems to be absent of late, and darn it I miss her. Well both Alpha (the girls can be alpha too) and nobody could do it better in my humble opinion. I'd love to share the same shooting range with those two. The same Alpha teaching apply to female LEO's and perhaps they have an even tougher time dealing with macho dudes that believe they can't do the job. Admittedly some can't but many can and do it well. But then what do I know. Personal opinions, everyone has one.
    to admit, u SURE CAN SPREAD IT:53::53:

I kinda get that Alpha stuff when I go to local shops. I like to talk to the guys there and glean anything I can learn from them. What's frustrating is when I'm kind of dismissed because they really don't know that much. It becomes apparent they're covering up with some of the things they say to save face then the silence that follows when they're hoping you'll leave them alone. I asked one guy if the problems with the S&W Sigmas had been ironed out and he had no idea what I was talking about. Really? I learned a long time ago to be open & teachable. It's the only way to learn.

Default it is a learning process for

Quote Originally Posted by fngrobert View Post
    I kinda get that Alpha stuff when I go to local shops. I like to talk to the guys there and glean anything I can learn from them. What's frustrating is when I'm kind of dismissed because they really don't know that much. It becomes apparent they're covering up with some of the things they say to save face then the silence that follows when they're hoping you'll leave them alone. I asked one guy if the problems with the S&W Sigmas had been ironed out and he had no idea what I was talking about. Really? I learned a long time ago to be open & teachable. It's the only way to learn.
    many when they go ijnto a gun shop or a high dollar watch shop and you act like you don't know jack sh-t but your really do. then you truly find out what a salesman is and what a lieing salesman is to. If they sense you don't know jack, they will expound sh-it on you that will make you puke,but again they think you are stupid when indeed you know as much or not more than what they are talking about. I would surely bet that the kahr owners on this forum are far more knowledgable about their kahrs as ANY guns salesman,

Just play stupid sometimes and go in and inquire about kahrs. If they like um they will give you a sales line that will amaze u, if they don't like um they will give you a negative sales line that will amaze you. Now if they don't have any kahrs in the showcase, fully expect to hear nothing but negatives as to why they don't sell them. They are traned to sell what they have in stock..
    Its a shame but that is how the system works..