Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper prep of a new kahr

Low and left extremely common on smaller pistols,even if you are experienced,more so with the Kahr's I expect.
    Before you move the sights try this. Use the 2nd joint (more trigger finger) and make an effort to pull straight back. So far, every time I swear it can't be me, I try this and it has worked for all my small pistols except for my S&W Shield.
    IMHO Straight wrist more important than strength of grip on the CW380. Could add to cause of FTRTB
    Also, do any failures occur on the first 3 magazines? If later may be "operator error", breaking -in. I seldom shoot more than 30 rounds at one session. I try to remember these are not range guns they were made with one purpose as a civilian self defense firearm. Takes a different mind-set than other firearms.
    Already doing all of these, than back she goes.

On all my new guns...I lock the slide back and fully load the magazines and let them set a few days to a week. Seems to soften everything up like you shot several hundred rounds.

Hi all, I just wanted to thank this forum for all the great knowledge, especially with the break in procedures. I followed all the advice except polishing , racked the slide close to a 1000 times, kept the slide locked back overnight, r &r ed the mags, etc. I shot 180 rounds with no problems and found the accuracy to be more than adeucate but decided to leave the range before the magical 200 rounds as some newbies came in to the next stall with an Ar and proceeded to hit the ceiling (indoor range) and ground more than the target. I think I have found a new ccw firearm! The only issue I found was the mag release button was a little hard to release. This could be a issue in a stressful reload situation. Any thoughts or aftermarket help for this ? Thank you

As was suggested by Rotty37 and Bawanna, a shot of GunScrubber or M-Pro 7 followed by a a jet of canned air is the perfect solution to clear debris and solvent from tight spaces.

A more compact solution is preferred for a range bag or field cleaning kit. As you know, M-Pro 7 comes in a small "travel size," but small size cans of that geeky computer compressed air are harder to find. An excellent alternative that I have cleaned guns with for a long time is a handy little gem called the Monoject (do a Google Images search for "monoject syringe 412"). This type of monoject does not use a needle but instead has a long curved plastic snout that is perfect to get up into tight spaces and holes.

As they come, the tip has a tiny aperture that is wonderful for shooting water across the room, but doesn't allow a whole lot of air to pass. The trick is to cut the conical tip back just a little bit with a razor blade making the hole in the tip larger, kind of like you do with silicone adhesive. The tapered plastic tip works like a venturi and forces the whole volume of the syringe to compress and exit the hole at high speed. Don't cut off too much of the tip because when you draw the syringe back, you want to "inject" air with the highest speed and force possible. This method works amazingly well to remove solvent, oil and debris from tight spaces. Best of all, the monoject plastic syringe is small, durable, fast, easy, cheap, and NEVER runs out of air!

You can get them for a few bucks wherever first aid supplies are sold, on Amazon or eBay. They come in different sizes but I have found that 12CC works fine. Just make sure you buy the style with a curved plastic conical tip that you can trim.

PS. If you don't trim it, the syringe end is conical you can push vinyl or PE tubing onto the tip for a long flexible extension if needed.

I bought a can of the crc free brake cleaner at walmart for cheap. Was under 5 bucks.
    yes it cleaned everything up, but took the paint right off my front sight.
    i was even being careful not to get any there.
    I did a poor job of re painting it with the gfs nail polish, but now im wishing i just hadnt used it at all.
    would only use on stainless steel guns without any kind of finish or cerakote.
    if i use it again on the karh ill put tape over the sights

Those that use it generally use it only in the striker channel when they don't want to disassemble the slide. Shouldn't need to cover the sights.
    I'd not use it anywhere else, only places difficult to get to. Most cans lose their propulsion before I ever use them. Pretty rare.
    I have a can of Gun Scrubber that's probably 10 years old and I don't think I've ever took the top off it, guess I should see if its still any good.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I actually only sprayed it inside the striker channel. Was trying to be careful not to get it anywhere else.
    This stuff is quite potent. now my channel wasn’t terribly dirty. This stuff cleaned it up real good.

a few coats of nail polish on the front sight and its good as new.
    I wont use it on any other guns but may occasionally use it again on the kahr.

I picked up some Gunscrubber. Where exactly is the hole where I can spray to clean out the striker on my Kahr's? In the lube diagram there's a small hole to the left of what #9 is pointing to near the breech?

I thought there was a picture on here somewhere but it you have the slide off turn it upside down, sights facing down with the muzzle pointing away and you will see a center ridge on the striker end and the little clean out hole will be on the right side about 1/4 inch back from the muzzle end of the ridge...A red plastic spray can tube will fit that hole tightly so push it in until it is snug and spray the gun scrubber and you will see the spray coming out the striker hole and if you can take your thumb and push back and forth on the striker where the spring is while spraying that will clean it out good...Wear SAFETY GLASSES!....Gun scrubber or non chlorinated brake cleaner in the eye will make you start speaking in tongues, don't ask how I know this....Hope that's somewhat clear so spray away and don't put any lube on the striker itself but lube up everything good and go shooting....Good luck and if you need any other help let us know...Hopefully somebody has a picture they can post, kinda hard to describe with words but the little hole is there and if a spray tube fits in there, you found it..

Safety goggles....you better believe it! I got a face full of Gun Scrubber once.....right into my eyes! I ran into the bathroom and jumped into the shower fully dressed, flushing out both eyes with water from the shower head.

Now I keep safety glasses handy for most everything, even a set by the toaster and put those on when I scramble eggs! Sometimes the hot olive oil spray pops out of there.