Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper prep of a new kahr

Jocko likes the non chlorinated 3M brake cleaner you can pick up at any NAPA auto parts store for under 5 bucks...I tried a can and it works great and has more spray pressure than other products and will not hurt plastic but it has a pretty strong solvent odor and the boss got mad at me for using it in her kitchen....I like to use Electronic spray cleaner which I also get at an auto parts store...It is $5.99 for a big can...it wont hurt any kind of plastic and doesn't have any odor and dries very fast....The little striker clean out hole is on the bottom of the slide and with the muzzle end facing away from you its on the right side close to the breach...Put the little red tube that comes with the spray can into that hole and blast away, if you see liquid coming out of both ends of the striker channel you have found the hole...DO NOT use any oil on the striker or it will attract dirt, carbon and will gunk up and cause light primer strikes....

amen to all of that. All these cleaners are excellent and far better price than the over priced GUN SCRUBBER and some of the other gun sprays, which are almost exactly the same stuff as GETSOME is talking about.

Just like car batteries. Only a few comanies left even making car batterys but you can find a 100 different brand name batteries out there for sale, and they are basically all made by maybe 3 battery companies. I have no doubt GUNS CRUBBER does not make or can fill their sprays, nor hoppe's either..

Insert your spray cleaner nozzle in there and spray away.
    so compressed air cleaner into this hole. NOT gun cleaner spray. That's what i was confused about, but i'm all clear now. Excited about the range tomorrow

Default no no no

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
    so compressed air cleaner into this hole. NOT gun cleaner spray. That's what i was confused about, but i'm all clear now. Excited about the range tomorrow
    spray cleaner in the hole, Like the 3M brand I recommend. It has also the pressure behind it like compressed air but has the solvent non cholorinated cleaner in it also to clean that area slicker than a whistle.

Oops sorry about that Wolfpacker. wrong symbol. Jocko's to old to get mad, but never to old to get even...but again damn it, Bawanna is right. I get mad at him but as u see he pays zero attention, by the way he is carving me a solid and I mean sold gold set of grips for my K9, so I have to be nice to him....

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    spray cleaner in the hole, Like the 3M brand I recommend. It has also the pressure behind it like compressed air but has the solvent non cholorinated cleaner in it also to clean that area slicker than a whistle. ...:32:
    Wolfpacker, I'm sure Jocko's not really mad, he just loves messing around with the different smiley faces. Just wanted to clarify that. He usually only get really mad at me and I don't think he really means in a hurtful way, course I could be wrong again.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Didn't even notice. Followed all the directions to a T. Ready for tomorrow

I am a little confused on #6. My gun is at Robar right now so I can't check it, but what are you supposed to do if the slide lock lever is hitting the rounds? Does this have to do more with the type of ammo you use or a known flaw?

Default I am

Quote Originally Posted by Swat_dude View Post
    I am a little confused on #6. My gun is at Robar right now so I can't check it, but what are you supposed to do if the slide lock lever is hitting the rounds? Does this have to do more with the type of ammo you use or a known flaw?
    assuming that you have broken in your new kahr before sending it to Robar. tob esure it is totally relaible before spending all that money for refinish work. It if is reliable, then you don't nee dto worry about #6. that was put in there to alert a person who might be having pre mature slide locking open.

If that happens, you can get a new slide lock from kahr to test out, or also file a tad of fon the inside where the round is hitting the slide lock lever. This is done alot on other model guns that have this issue. Or you can go to a different round and test out. One of the 3 will solve that issue,if one has it. Most kahrs do not have this issue, so fear not, your more than likely good to go. Hopefully you have put the normal break in rounds down range to feel confident of its reliability before letting Robar do their thing..

Default jocko

jocko:
    Thanks for the preshooting prep info.

As a new kahr owner, I found it technically spot on, and a great help for me in making my first range visit go smooth and trouble free.

And now the but...could you edit your list and add some breaks/paragraphs to make it easier to read and follow.

Thanks again,
    Just sayin'
    Tilos

Quote Originally Posted by Tilos View Post
    And now the but...could you edit your list and add some breaks/paragraphs to make it easier to read and follow.
    Stick around long enough (or know jocko/porsche from other gun forums) and you'll see you "gets what you gets" with that one when it comes to grammar. Now "go shot it lik u stole it"...

He does post good info, though.