CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: CW45 (and other poly 45): issues and fixes

Most likely your gun will not require any of the prep stuff mentioned. Most run just fine out of the box.

You've done your due diligence and are tolerant and ready to tweek as needed. you most likely won't have to do anything but buy more ammo. At least this is my hope.

Don't worry until you actually have something to worry about and then there will be lots of help here to help you figure it out.

We like good everything went perfect reports, so strive for one of those if you can.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default New PM9 owner

Thanks for the words of encouragement, and I look forward to participating on the forum again.

It's my intent to prep this PM9 as much as I can to reduce chances of frustration during the break-in.

Maybe it will work just fine.

I do recall that I had had INITIAL problems with the CW9. I'm going back about 7 years.

Mag(s) would drop after firing, and there was something about a spring down in the mag well, must've been a latch/catch spring, and I think Kahr had sent me a
    stronger one, that I had my gunsmith install..that seemed to resolve the problem.

Not once did I disassemble the magazines, the 7-rd that came with the gun and the 8-rd that I had purchased, and, yes, I had more jamming problems with the latter. I owned the CW9 for five years and had complete confidence in its reliability after I shot it about 200-300 rounds- don't recall exactly.

I sold my totally reliable Shield in order to help fund this new PM9. Little doubt in my mind that the Shield's reliability is superior to the Kahr PM9, at least initially, but too heavy and a bit large for pocket carry, which I prefer. The PM9, imo, is the best for the money pocket 9mm approved for sale in CA. Also, I am a left-handed shooter, and pleased that I don't have to deal with a safety designed for right-handers.

I had to drive 75 miles round-trip twice in order to get it. The store's Anniversary Sale price was just too good to pass on it.
    Last edited by kahrinca; 08-12-2015 at 02:36 PM.

Thank you for the Pics.. I know you put this up a while ago but it can be a useful tool for quick fixes..... Thanx for all the effort you put into this..... Love my CW45!!!!!

I have a cw45 have put many rounds through it, even used it to qaulify in NRA pistol instructor course. Only thing I've had to do is polish guide rod.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dmdalton View Post
    Thanks for all the info gents. Just took possession of a new CW45. Until this last pic I didn't realize that the "notch" was supposed to be there on all of them. Well mine had no "notch" but I prepped it per instructions elsewhere on this forum and put about 120 rounds through it. Ran pretty well with one light primer strike, one stovepipe and several FTRB. However the FTRB's were my fault as they were with very light reloads (4.0 grn Bullseye over 200 LSWC). The only reason I tried them was I was short on FMJ rounds.

All in all I put 50 of the 230 Rem Golden Saber, 40 Win Whitebox 230 and 40 light reloads.

When I stripped it after the range visit I saw the damage. I was really not looking forward to sending it back so I gave it a go with my MiniMill and a 3/16" endmill. Came out great. Cleaned it up with a cratex tip in the dremel and all is good.

I also had the very very sharp corner on the barrel hood so I took care of that with the cratex as well.

Thanks for all your help guys, you are a world of knowledge!

BTW, really like this gun. Can't believe how controllable it is shooting 45 acp rounds. Hopefully they will get their quality control working right.

Dave D

Should a Kahr P45 have this notch also? I recently bought a P45 a week and a half ago and just finished tearing her down...cleaning/oiling her, prepping for a range day to break her in. My "new" P45 was manufactured in 2012...

Yes it probably should and you'll know as soon as the gravel pit dries out enough to shoot.

It's a simple fix. You'll see that area battered a little bit. Just need to create a little half moon for clearance.

Dremel makes it easy, a file will work, or if you shoot it enough it will take care of itself. You can just pretty it up a bit.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I was hoping that wasn't the case but secretly I think I knew. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge I'll bring my cordless Dremel to the range.