Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights

Thread: New Member from Western Washington

Default New Member from Western Washington

My first Kahr is on the way, a PW45. Purschased via Gunbroker without ever handling one, so it's a bit of a gamble. Inspected it at my FFL when it arrived and loved the trigger; it's just the right size; and we'll see how it shoots in a week of so awaiting background check.

I know virtually nothing about Kahr except the reviews I read about the CW45, which were very positive.

So I'll ask, what must I know about this pistol before I start shooting (I'll break it down, clean, and lube it up first); and what should I know about Kahrs in general.

I have a modest "accumulation" of pistols -- a bunch of old-school Smith & Wesson pistols and revolvers; some Sigs, Berettas, Walthers, and one Browning HP and a few tupperware guns like a 380 and 9mm Smith EZ for my some-day-I'm-sure-to-have-arthritus hands.

I bought this for carry as I did not have a "small" .45 except for a S&WChiefs Special CS45. I alternate between carrying that pistol; a Sig 250 in 40, a SW99AS (Walther P99) in 40, and a CS9 or Beretta PX4 9mm compact. (Yeah, I know, stick to one or two carry guns and get real, real good with them...but all those others are really good guns.)

So, now that I've got one Kahr....what should the next one be?

Welcome, glad your here. The CW45 is a good start, real caliber in a nice compact size that's easy to shoot. Who's to say cept you what should be next but I think everybody should have at least one all steel Kahr. A K9, T9 (kind of rare like chicken lips). The Kahr isn't much different than your others far as what you should know. If you have an issue, doubtful as it may be, come on back and the gang will help sort it out.
    I'd use name brand full power loads to start with, should run fine with most anything but at first the real stuff usually helps.

What part of Inslee's western kingdom do you inhabit. I'm in Monroe.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm in Bothell so not very far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat3340 View Post

…. (Yeah, I know, stick to one or two carry guns and get real, real good with them...but all those others are really good guns.)
    When you figure out how to do that let me know. I sure can’t do it. Welcome to the forum.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Welcome to the forums
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Renton, WA, (King County) 25 miles from Seattle

Greetings from Maple Valley!

I knew there was something different about Kahr guns so when I stumbled across a PM9 at Fall City Firearms for $330, I jumped all over it. I quickly added the CW45 followed by a MK9, K9 and most recently a K40 Covert. I admit that I had feeding issues with the CW45 which were solved by upping the recoil spring to 20lbs. The most common complaint of Kahr guns is chambering a round with the stiff recoil spring. That stiff spring is there for a reason, reducing it isn't smart. I've replaced the stock 9's followers with MagGuts for an extra round making the MK9/PM9/K9 7+1. I replaced the magazine's plastic followers with Kahr's metal versions and replaced the base plates with Pearce plates. I've also added Houge grip sleeves (I think I used the sleeves for the Sig P365). My CCW today is the MK9 stuffed with 8 rounds of Hornady 115FTX Critical Defense (I'm headed to Tacoma to pick up a friend then to Gig Harbor for brunch, back to Tacoma to run some errands and finally home). Anyhow, enjoy your new gun, they are terrific by any measure.

BTW, my dream gun is a K45 but sadly, I have it direct from Kahr that there are no plans for such a product. I've considered the PM45 (also considering a Springfield XD-s 45 Mod 2) as an addition to my CCW 45's, which are the CW45 and Shield 45 but facing some big expenses (engine rebuild) I have not yet gone forward with another gun.
    Last edited by Scarpia; 09-16-2023 at 07:28 AM.

Confirmed, the Sig P365 Hogue grip sleeve fits the Kahr CM/PM9 perfectly.