Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Kahr Lube Diagram

Kahr Newbie here. Came into possession of a used PM9 and during my "familiarization" break-down and cleaning, was surprised to find it all oily in the striker channel. This thread has confirmed what I suspected - that it should be clean and dry in there. I'll be going back to rid it of lube once I finish this post.

I've noted all the variations on how to apply lube in this thread and would like to add another that I sometimes use (weapon dependent): In hard to get-at places that require only a light lube to simply protect the surfaces, I apply the oil generously then blow it out with my air compressor. That removes all but a very fine film that will prevent corrosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Worn View Post

I've noted all the variations on how to apply lube in this thread and would like to add another that I sometimes use (weapon dependent): In hard to get-at places that require only a light lube to simply protect the surfaces, I apply the oil generously then blow it out with my air compressor.
    Interesting technique. I get a similar effect using cans of compressed air intended for computers. The plastic guide tube fits perfectly in the striker opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Worn View Post
    Kahr Newbie here. Came into possession of a used PM9 and during my "familiarization" break-down and cleaning, was surprised to find it all oily in the striker channel. This thread has confirmed what I suspected - that it should be clean and dry in there. I'll be going back to rid it of lube once I finish this post.

I've noted all the variations on how to apply lube in this thread and would like to add another that I sometimes use (weapon dependent): In hard to get-at places that require only a light lube to simply protect the surfaces, I apply the oil generously then blow it out with my air compressor. That removes all but a very fine film that will prevent corrosion.
    Hello and welcome! You lube your guns about the same way I do.

Does that mean that the trigger and all moving parts inside the frame require no lube? Does not seem right to me. I lube all moving parts.

If it rolls, oil it. If it slides, grease it. Neither, leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    That is what I learned.

Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    Wheel bearings the world over disagree...