Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cant get slide to come off...

Default cant get slide to come off...

I am so frigging angry at myself right now. Hopefully you guys will have a way out of this one. I'll start out by saying I am not used to slide pins, I'm a Glock guy so therefore the root of my foolishness on this one.

What happened was; I had the slide off my P380 and had the slide pin in place so I could observe how the rounds affected the slide pin when loading a loaded mag. As pointed out by a member here that was in fact the reason I was having continuous slide lock backs. Any way without thinking I put the slide on and racked it .Now it is stuck and I cant figure out how to get it off. Tell me I'm not screwed!

I dont think you are screwed just wait for someone to answer this. There is no way you can be screwed doing this but wait for help so you dont hurt yourself or the pistol

I dont think the trig engages to fire the round in this position you have shown above but wait for others to be safe.

u got the slide pin in wrong, u didn't lineup the those two witness marks on the gunb. If u look at your photo on the left side of the slide up front betweenthe P380 and Kahr is a little notch in the slide and now look at the polymer and the word Kahr, there is a mark over the letter . If u line those two marks up u will never do what you did again.

Here is the fix.

take a wooden dowel and on the right side where that slide lock pin is sticking out, just put that down right on top of that pin and then with a hammer hit that dowl hard and fast and the pin will pull out tothe left. Take the pin out and line up those two marks and reinsert.

You didn't break anything.

gun won't go bang either..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

What he said ^^^^^^.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    u got the slide pin in wrong,
    For clarification: I already had the pin the frame, I then slid the slide on over top of it.

not sure how u did that but it will still pop out doing what I told you...

Pin is still in wrong.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Ok, I'll try it.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    not sure how u did that but it will still pop out doing what I told you...
    Here's my fear want to clarify. My slide is frozen andwill not move far enough to line up to where I can safely punch it through. If you look at the pic I posted above, the little circular window where the one portion of the slide lock pin is supposed to go in cant be lined up, so This: http://www.kahr.com/getDynamicImage....e-Lever902.jpg

little raised piece on the right side of the pin will be flush against the inside solid part of the slide instead of lining up with the window. Make sense or am I too nervous?

I still think if u can see that pin on the other side, it will punch out, now if it doesnt stick all the way out on the right side but you can still see it, I still think that is ur only option. U have just locked it up where it seems nothing will move as the slide has rode up over that pin, which makes sense as to why it will not move

set the funb between to peaces of wood where the slide is resting on the wood and the pin is between the two peaces and live up a wood dowel if possable or if the pin is not sticking out on the right side than get a small punch that will go in that right side hole and line up with the pin and give it a good whack. The worst u can do is damage the pin and have to buy a new one but that pin itself is hardened steel so mor ethan likely you will take some finish off the end of the pin which some birchwood bluei9ng will tpouch it uip pronto. I would not try to pry the lever from the left side. forget aboput that circular window, if u could line that up u would not have had this issue..

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY