Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights   Crimsontrace
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: cant get slide to come off...

in his photo his slide is a 1/4" in front of those back rails, in GB photo his tutorial slide is sitting on the rails( I realize different guns are picutred here to)I would guess maybe 3/8" difference when u compare . I think I would pull the side panel as one suggested to view to see if that is indeed locking the slide and proceed then either way. I guess I am still undecided if indeed it is the cocking cam causing this as the position of his P380 slide at least to me does not indicate that. If the trigger is moving freely would that not indicate that the cocking cam is moving also??

removing the side plate will allow u to look at what is going on but with the trigger bar in place that will not come out through the side plate, without removing the trigger parts, u cannot remove the cocking cam or any parts. U might be able to manipulate that cocking cam if that is the culprit but like Gregg stated u have to be able to move that slide a tad to allow the cocking cam to move, if the slide is locked that tight on the cam, then some force is going to be needed. I also think the reason the slide will not move one ioutta backwards now is that it is now forced back so far that the slide stop pin is now lodged right behind the barrel lug and the only way the slide can move now is forward. It just cannot move any further backwards...

In my opinion, unless some real forward force in applied to the slide, with trigger pulled and kept that way, the gun will need to go back to kahr, as quite possably some parts might even be damaged in trying to force the slide off the gun anyways. It's unloaded, it is safe to mail.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    K.C.
    I agree with BEARDOG's assessment: it seems you were able to force the slide rearward enough to cross over the cam and the cocking lobe popped back up behind the rear slide cover. Unfortunately, it also appears that the trigger is still disconnected by the slide.

I think you have two options at this point:
    1. Try forcing the slide further rearward so the trigger connects and will operate the cam. When this happens you should be able to pull the trigger, hold it rearward, and pull the slide over the cam and off the frame.
    2. If you can't move the slide far enough rearward to connect the trigger, make yourself an "L" shaped tool (paper clip should work) and, space permitting (it will work on my CW9, but I don't know about the P380), wiggle it in under the rear of the slide and behind the cocking lobe on the cam. Once in place, try to force the cam's cocking lobe down by pulling the tool rearward. You'll need to manipulate the slide at the same time; both to give the cam enough room to cycle down and to get it off once the cam is down. I'll not lie and say it will be an easy dance, but it can be done.

Regards,
    Greg

Edit: I see, that as I was putting my reply together, CJB also suggested this as a fix, kudos. His idea to remove the side plate to manipulate the cam is a good one.
    I'll be looking into this as soon as I get home from work today, I'll post the results then. Thanks for renewed hope!

I cannot tell you how relieved I am. gb6491 you are the man! If they had a reputation button on this forum I'd bury you with rep!

This thread should be stickyed to help others out who make the same mistake. Thanks to all of you who contributed to helping me figure out a solution to my problem. I also happy to inform you that Kahr emailed me and they will be replacing my slide stop pin which was the original problem. Thanks again !

thats why they call him the professor. He made a believer out of me a very long time ago. Nice job GB and also to u to K. C. for believing in him.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I do love happy endings. Glad this one worked out.

Sincerely

Mary Ann.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

F'n A. Glad you got it done.

now I have not seen that phrasing in years. F" n A was a real 60" term in my days..

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Just read this whole thread...Great ending !!! This forum is so awesome...Lots of help and advice from some great people...It's so encouraging to know that when I screw up,(and I will),There's always help and advice at your fingertips...Glad this worked out!

I've been following this since the first post and outside of wackin it with a dead blow hammer did not have a clue so I didn't post. Glad to read that it worked out for you and good to know that the forum members that contributed to your success.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.