Xssights   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Night Sight Install

Default Night Sight Install

I just picked up some night sights for my CW9. Took it to the shop and got the rear installed. They wouldn't do the front b/c of what looks like screws to secure it.

I've seen the videos on youtube on using vice-grips to break the front off and just stick the other one in. Is this legit?

Any suggestions?

the econo guns dont have the dove tail front sight notch so a pinned or screwed on replacement front sight is required.

some are the type where you must peen the tenion to secure it while others have a small screw to do so. either way i do not recommend just taking pliers and twisting off a front sight unless you know for a fact it is a plastic front sight.
    I hate being bi-polar, its awsome!

The factory front sight on the CW9 is indeed plastic and a pair of pliers are the way to get them off. You'll be surprised at how little effort is required.

Make sure you clean the holes out before you mount the new front sight and also use some type of thread locker on the screw.
    On the internet, the number of posts do not correlate to actual knowledge.
    The notch is supposed to be there as well as the bulge at the front of the frame!
    You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws.

I did the front on my cm9 last week and it's really that simple. Pliers to snap it off, clean the holes, and use the included thread locker on the screw. Make sure to wait 24 hours before shooting as per the instructions as well!

it will scare you how easy it comes off! nice upgrade!
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!