Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: page too big for screen

I just looked at the page source info for this site. It's dynamic; meaning it should resize according to your screen resolution. I'm more inclined to lean toward something in your browser is preventing it from properly rendering.

You said you use Internet Explorer. What version? MS is up to IE9 now.

I know from doing some websites IE6, 7 & 8 all have their little bugaboos that cause websites to render poorly. I'm doing a site right now for my gun club and I'm getting complaints (mostly from codgers) that they can't see certain things or the registration page won't come up. I nearly always tell them to upgrade their IE and the problems go away. Also clear out your cache.

Or better yet try Firefox or Google chrome.

We'll try to walk you through this. Hate to see anyone driven off by inability to see the screen.

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

My issur is not being able to see it all or read it. My problem is when I have a favorites window on the left side of the screen (about 1 1/2 inch wide) then the lines in the posts run into the right margin and to correct it I have to do 1 of 2 things. !) Page the screen back and forth to read the missinf print on the right. or 2) Close the favorites collum. If I give the forum access to the full screen, everything shows. If I have any side windows the forus does not automaticly resize to show a full line. I have 3 computers and it happens on all three. I have windows xp home edition 3rd version and windows Vista 7 latest edition.

But what version of Internet Explorer are you using?
    I'm betting 6 or 7.

With the browser open, look on the toolbar, maybe under help, not sure.
    Find "About Internet Explorer" That will tell you what version.

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

I have this same thing and I have no side bar open. It must be IE thats doing it cus this is my 2nd computer and it still does it, I have to slid back and forth to read the post . But I just put up with it, Lots of good Info on this form

I just did the CTRL and - together and I am in a new world! I absolutly love that I dont have to scoll down and over all the time! I am glad I can still see good though or else I would have no choice. Im happy now!
    Twas the best of times; Twas the worst of times...

after resizing the page go into IE and reset the font to what u like.