Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How/where do you carry EDC flashlights?

Default How/where do you carry EDC flashlights?

Seems most everyone includes a small, powerful flashlight in their EDC. How or where do you carry it? I have a number of great flashlights but find them a little too big for my front pocket, uncomfortable when sitting in my back pocket, and a bit akward using a clip or small holster on the hip. Any advice?

This thing throws light like crazy. Under $20 and 1 AAA battery.

"Never pet a burning dog"

My PTL-1 is clipped to my left pocket right in front of my Spyderco Manix 2. I'd like to carry a larger light too, so looking forward to others responses.
    PM9
    Combat Elite Arms
    Registered FFL 01/03 SOT
    Retired LEO

I have a Fenix PD31 in a pouch back of my chair and a Surefire (can't recall the model, it's old, metal body, had the rubber oring, kind of the combat version?) mounted up front. Both put out excellent light. I like being able to dim the Fenix for looking at stuff where you don't need blinding light.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I bought to of those Fenix PD31 on the word of the GREAT ONE and that is one super light. Best money I ever spent.. I nver carry mine, it is on my night stand next to my K9.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

My EDC is a 4Sevens Preon 2 in front pocket. Always with me. My nightstand light is a Fenix LD20, which also goes with me in rough neighborhoods.Love them both, would buy again.
    Last edited by MikeyKahr; 09-23-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    "I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
    (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

I bought a Mag-Lite XL-50 at home Depot. It was inexpensive and features full power, half power or strobe depending on how many times you push the button. Like Jocko, I don't carry mine. I keep it in the night stand drawer. I also have one in the glove box of my car and one in my boat.
    Never trust anyone who doesn't trust you to own a gun.

Life Member - NRA
    Colt Gold Cup 70 series
    Colt Woodsman
    Ruger Mark III .22-45
    Kahr CM9
    Kahr P380

Surefire ex1 in my left front pocket always.
    If you ever are searching for an armed subject and the power goes out you will always carry a light from then on.

Mine all came with a holster I can put on my belt. That's one thing I look for when buying a flashlight, if it comes with a holster or not, or at least a clip to clip onto something.
    Tom
    Live today, tomorrow may not come!
    Boberg XR9S
    Kahr CW40
    Springfield Armory 1911
    Dan Wesson Revolver

HY*NDAI is to cars, what Caracal, Hi-Point, and Jennings is to handguns. The cars may or may not run ok, but the corporation SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by muggsy View Post
    I bought a Mag-Lite XL-50 at home Depot. It was inexpensive and features full power, half power or strobe depending on how many times you push the button. Like Jocko, I don't carry mine. I keep it in the night stand drawer. I also have one in the glove box of my car and one in my boat.
    +1 on these new maglites, great features + they are a bargain and pretty decent flashlights. I tried the XL-50 to see how it did (Lowes) and was happy enough that I ordered a few XL-50s and an XL-200 from Amazon. Even if it's not your EDC (kinda big to carry), they are great replacements for those old 'kill your toe' maglites of old.

I carry my XL-200 on the side of my laptop bag. The XL-50s here and there at the house. Just stockpiling the new Duracell DuraLock AAAs with 10 year shelf life to keep these running.