Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micro Desert Eagle - Needs a standalone site?

Default Micro Desert Eagle - Needs a standalone site?

I see the primary Magnum Research guns represented on your Forum
    Except I do not see a standalone site for the Micro Desert Eagle (MDE).
    A interest in having the Sysop create one?

ur probalby the first that I have read that owns a micro. . How are they??/ are they ammo sensitive??? I can'tsay I like their looks but if it goes bang every time that is a plus. Just not alot of micro owners around to get any realy feedback..Keep us posted.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I've got one as well; like it a lot more than the LCP and PPK (sold both) but it's not as nice as the Kahr .380.

Haven't found it to be ammo sensitive, it even digests that nasty Fiocci stuff. Pretty accurate at 7 yards.

Default header thread starter for MDE

I have one, best 380! Had a kahr380, want chamber hollow points. The MDE is incredible and all metal, the quality is there! I have run my reloads thru it since i bought new. Never a problem. OAL bullet length seems to be shorter in magazine than most cheap 380's. The rolls-royce of 380's.

the original europe pistol
    Last edited by ez9; 12-28-2012 at 04:55 AM. Reason: photo

I beleave I looked at one years ago and shied away from it due to fact that the rear bottom of slide that came near your hand was razor sharp, it appeared that your hand could get sliced up pretty easy if you were not REAL careful when shooting or working the slide.....maybe it was not the same gun?
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    I beleave I looked at one years ago and shied away from it due to fact that the rear bottom of slide that came near your hand was razor sharp, it appeared that your hand could get sliced up pretty easy if you were not REAL careful when shooting or working the slide.....maybe it was not the same gun?
    It looks pretty sharp in the photo. Looks like it would be easy to round those edges.
    Very interesting...

Want to bump this up. I gave up on my cw 380 and picked up one of these. Its fantastic. The trigger is very nice, kahr like in its smoothness. It actually feels good in the hand with the extended mag and some grip tape on the front and back straps. The sights are good, although a little hard to see in bright sunlight, and they hit to poa for me. I'm mulling over paint options. Its accurate and I can hit with it as well as I could with the cw 380. It feels very solid being all metal. It is not too heavy as some have reported. It carries nicely in a front pocket. Best for last, it is reliable and goes bang every time. I trust this little gem utterly. I finally found my smallest carry piece.

^^^ smart man. I think this gun gets overlooked because of all the lighter, polymer options out there. I think the weight of this one is an advantage.
    ​O|||||||O

My goal was something to carry when clothing disallowed the Glocks.
    After two trips back to Kahr as being undependable, the PM45 (which I really really wanted to make work) was sold as a Tinker-Toy on GunBroker.
    The Micro Desert Eagle became it's replacement.
    One sidebar was a complication from a squib round that forced a return trip to the manufacturer.
    Although the unit was restored to functionality after a resultant mishap, the interface displayed by the Desert Eagle staff to the gun store I had bought it from was less than professional.
    If hollow points are used in the top two spots on the magazine, they will not chamber. My workaround is to use rounds containing the plastic "filled in" hollows.
    The size challenges comfort and, therefore, range times are not extended but - for what it is - a tool that disappears - I have no hesitations recommending it.
    Wish someone could figure out a laser for it.

Mine runs hollow points beautifully.