Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T9 question

Default T9 question

Hey guys, I have been thinking about a T9 lately. I have a CW9 now and according to the measurments it looks to be about an inch bigger. I am thinking that would put it in the mid size range. Maybe about the size of a Glock 19. How about the ergos on these guns , share your opinions and comparisons. They are hard to find so I need some opinions from current owners. I do not plan to carry it and would use it mainly for a range gun. They sure are nice to look at.

Convince me I need one. LOL.
    Sig P228, X5 L1
    Kahr T9, PM9
    P225, P365
    Sig P6,

The T9 is large enough to get a full grip. Even folks with large hands should be comfortable. The large grip and weigh make for a nice soft shooter. My only ergo complaint is that sometimes the trigger guard would rub the top of my middle finger. I can't say I shoot the T9 better than the K9 or TP9. They all seem to be very comparable... at least to me.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

In my hands, which are very 'medium' sized to Med. large ... the T9 and T40 feel perfect and I shoot them the best of my handguns. I carry the lighter Kahrs, but the T's are always nearby ... to my heart and my nightstand....

You could never be dissapointed in owning one .... only that you don't have more than one!

Just for a little more info on hand size. The middle of my pinkie falls on the bottom edge of the CW9 grip. So I would assume the T9 would be a pretty nice fit for my hand. Is the trigger length of pull and trigger weight pretty much the same? The one I am looking at has Novak sights. I am not thrilled with three dot sight systems and shoot the post and dot much better and faster. Can the sights be changed to the standard contrast sights instead? Thanks for the help.
    Sig P228, X5 L1
    Kahr T9, PM9
    P225, P365
    Sig P6,

The sights can be switched easily.
    The T9 grip is a full size grip, and the wood grip gives it a little 'girth'. I think that's why it feels so good in my hand. The comparison of where your fingers fall to mine, seems similar. all 3 of my fingers rest fully on the grip easily.

If you want to PM or email me privately we can talk about the compatibility of your night sights. I have a PM9 with the Bar Dot standard sights that I would love to switch to night sights. As long as your slide is a "new style" dovetail cut, they are interchangeable. There is info on the Kahr website about "new style" slides .... but basically if this T9 was manufactured in late 2004 or sooner it probably is a new style. The only difference is the dovetail cut.

If yours is NOT new style ... you can still swap them out by buying the correct sights from Kahr. It just means you can't have mine!

Is the trigger length of pull and trigger weight pretty much the same?
    Yes. Although there is some variance in weight and "feel" from model to model. the trigger is basically the same. My metal frame Kahrs seem to be a tad-bit smoother than the poly framed, but that's really subjective in nature.

My T9 came with MMC three dot target sights which are OK, but not my favorite sights. Check the Kahr parts site for available choices. I believe Mepro, Trijicon, Novac and MMC make sights for the T9.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Trigger is very smooth on my T9 I like the standard dot and post sights.

I like it a lot but the PM9 usually gets the duty as my carry weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Yes. Although there is some variance in weight and "feel" from model to model. the trigger is basically the same. My metal frame Kahrs seem to be a tad-bit smoother than the poly framed, but that's really subjective in nature.

My T9 came with MMC three dot target sights which are OK, but not my favorite sights. Check the Kahr parts site for available choices. I believe Mepro, Trijicon, Novac and MMC make sights for the T9.
    If I decide to get the T9 we can talk. I am considering several others. Thanks for the info.
    Sig P228, X5 L1
    Kahr T9, PM9
    P225, P365
    Sig P6,

After shooting one I can say my K9 fits my large hands better than a T9. it a little fatter than I thought it would be, and the wood grips don't feel as nice as my MK9 or K9.

The K9 is easily the best feeling/fitting gun I have ever shot or owned.

But I want a T9 to finish out my stainless steel Kahr collection. The T9 is one of the best looking guns I have ever seen. I want.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

USAF (Ret)
    NRA Life Member
    Conservative

thats strange. I would have though the t and k grips would have been identical, other than length. very interesting..

I neverliked the wood grips on my K9 so I went back to my all rubber K9 grips which are just outstanding. Why kahr got away form the rubber grip, behoves me to no end..

I would bet our master grip maker Bawanna could thin down those T9 grips for u alot.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY