Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop

Thread: Noob Question about lubricating parts & heavy resistance

Red face Noob Question about lubricating parts & heavy resistance

I recently bought a cm9 and haven't shot it at all yet. Immediately after getting it I disassembled everything, cleaned it, lubricated it (saw many examples from Youtube and from the reader's manual) and put it back exactly the way it was AND there was no issue that I know of yet (slid it back few times and had a nice clean trigger click sound).

My 2 concerns are...1. In time after shooting a couple hundred rounds, will the slide-stop pin on the side eventually break itself in so it's not such a pain to push out when I need to disassemble the gun again or do I need to sand it down and smooth it out? I lubed it up a little and it kind of helped, but only does so much. And 2. If the slide is back and I place in a full clip, the slide-stop should be easy to be pressed down compared to having nothing in the clip? It states that it is easier, but I just want to make sure it is for that reason and not because I have a very stubborn slide-stop and be difficult.

I've heard people bring their cm9 back to Kahr (never said for WHAT) and get it back with flawless results, but I just hope this little thing is just all worried about for nothing.

The slide stop pin gets much easier after even the first range visit. Be sure to check out the lube sticky it also says to rack the slide 500 times which also helps with the tension on the slide stop pin. The slide release is two totally different animals with and without a loaded mag. It is very hard with an empty but relatively easy with some rounds in it.

You're off to a very good start with your CM9.

Don't get all caught up in the "racking" your slide 500 times before taking it to the range.

Keep your pistol well lubricated and if you haven't already, get yourself a couple hundred rounds of good, full power ball ammo and have fun with your first range session.

Your pistol should feel a lot smoother after the first 200 rds. or so and disassembly will be easier.

For range work I like the Win. 124 gr. NATO spec ball ammo. It's a little hotter (10%) than most ball and runs wells in my PM9. I used it for my initial break in and it was flawless in my pistol.

Best of luck.

DO NOT SAND ANYTHING DOWN.

Its tight by design, but will get a little looser

Talking CM9 Owners Club Official Induction

Welcome to the forum!

And welcome to the CM9 Owners Club! Our official symbol is the wide grin smily because we are so happy with our purchase that we can't wipe the smiles off our faces!

Here is your club badge.
    Very interesting...

Great news! Thanks everyone

the cm9 is perfect the way it is... those cheesegraters are good when ur sweatin and dumbfounded... use gloves if u just shootin for leisure...

Default Imo

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_StaRR View Post
    I recently bought a cm9 and haven't shot it at all yet. Immediately after getting it I disassembled everything, cleaned it, lubricated it (saw many examples from Youtube and from the reader's manual) and put it back exactly the way it was AND there was no issue that I know of yet (slid it back few times and had a nice clean trigger click sound).

My 2 concerns are...1. In time after shooting a couple hundred rounds, will the slide-stop pin on the side eventually break itself in so it's not such a pain to push out when I need to disassemble the gun again or do I need to sand it down and smooth it out? I lubed it up a little and it kind of helped, but only does so much. And 2. If the slide is back and I place in a full clip, the slide-stop should be easy to be pressed down compared to having nothing in the clip? It states that it is easier, but I just want to make sure it is for that reason and not because I have a very stubborn slide-stop and be difficult.

I've heard people bring their cm9 back to Kahr (never said for WHAT) and get it back with flawless results, but I just hope this little thing is just all worried about for nothing.
    ur slide stop pin is working right. If it gets "to" easy to take out, u stand a good chance of it working out while shooting it. It is whatit is and u will soon learn little thing sto help u get past that part. U canput a tad of grease on the slide stop spring where the pin makes contact and locks itsef in place. If u line up the witness marks or lineup the half moon in the slide stop with the cut out in the slide, then any reasonable push from the right side on that pin will get it moving or a small screw driver blade under that sliude stop lever and it will pop right out. IO ur gun is perfect.

a loaded magaqzine with slide open is alot easier to use the slide stop releasse to release the slide and load that first round, as kahr also suggests, until u get good at hand racking . Ur just releasing the slide that way but with an empty magaainein the gun, ur now besides releaseing the slide,ur also having to ake that slide stop push downon the follower and it will be alot harder to do. That is normal.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY