Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Xssights
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best defense ammo for CM40

Default Still looking for the best defense ammo for my CM40 that doesn't jam when feeding.

I have a CM40 that jams when feeding. Its been sent back once, but still jams when feeding from the magazine. It was recommended I try .40 Winchester T-Series 165 grain. Anyone have suggestion or comments that might help me beat this issue? Love my Kahr, but until I find ammo that won't jam when feeding, I'll just carry my 9mm Sig Sauer P365. Thanks so much.

"Never trust anyone that doesn't trust you to own a firearm"
    Lawman1947

Quote Originally Posted by DooSPX View Post
    I have a friend who can get Winchester Ranger T 180gr. I rather have that then the PDX1. Who has shot 180gr from their CM/PM 40 cal. Kahr's? My target rounds are only 165gr.

Remington Golden Sabers... 180-grains, or any of the other Remington Golden Saber derivatives in 180 grains. I have 180-grain Golden Sabers and 180-gr Bonded Golden Sabers.

Based on the Lucky Gunners compact defense pistol ammo testing with expansion prioritized, then consistent penetration:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by lawman1947 View Post
    I have a CM40 that jams when feeding. Its been sent back once, but still jams when feeding from the magazine. It was recommended I try .40 Winchester T-Series 165 grain. Anyone have suggestion or comments that might help me beat this issue? Love my Kahr, but until I find ammo that won't jam when feeding, I'll just carry my 9mm Sig Sauer P365. Thanks so much. "Never trust anyone that doesn't trust you to own a firearm" Lawman1947
    Just wondering if you notice a difference in accuracy in addition to the jamming. My CW40 (bought new) would jam constantly (especially FMJ). I sent it back to Kahr, and the issue seems to be... better? Now the jams are rare, but I can feel that the slide is meeting some unusual resistance when returning to battery to fire the next round. After the warranty work, I've only tried WWB JHP and Hornady Critical Defense, but they both seemed to work OK... considering I had only one failure to return to battery through the few boxes of those two brands I tried. Additionally, while my other Kahrs (including calibers 9mm, 40 S&W, and 45) are very accurate, my CW40 groups larger (offhand). It was really bad before the warranty work... now it is better. Insterestingly enough, my T40 is both reliable and accurate. I, too, have placed the CW40 in the "needs more range time" to get a better idea if there is still an issue and whether to send it back for additional work. I know some people here have suggested that their CW40 was more accurate/reliable than their other Kahrs, but I haven't had that experience. I have had good experience with my other Kahr's, so I would really like to get this issue fixed. However, with the limited availablity of ammo in my area, I won't be revisiting this for awhile. Meanwhile, the only issues I've had with my other Kahr's is that the 45's won't feed Corbon ammo.

Complete Lucky Gunner Test for .40 S&W. Critical Defense 165-gr was only 25th in best expansion, but penetration looked okay.

This is just one of many large tests, but good for comparisons.

https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/sel...ic-tests/#40SW
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".