Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anything out there better for me than a Kahr K9?

i happen to think the S&W 3953 is the best all around 9mm made, the Kahr K9 is the closest thing to that.

id have no problem carrying a K9 again.
    I hate being bi-polar, its awsome!

Quote Originally Posted by JERRY View Post
    i happen to think the S&W 3953 is the best all around 9mm made, the Kahr K9 is the closest thing to that.

id have no problem carrying a K9 again.
    That Smith is on my short list. (T9, 3953, bargain price G29 are the prominent ones)

If I found one (impossible around here, it seems) I'd buy it.

But I need another gun like I need another hole in my head!!
    (But at least this hobby is cheaper than racing! My ex was an off-road racer, BROKE!!)
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

USAF (Ret)
    NRA Life Member
    Conservative

Default 3953

I would pick one up too, if I find the right condition at the right price. I looked into it quite a bit, but buying one sight unseen, and without shooting one first, seemed at bit disconcerting.

My only current option for carry was a less than practical Glock 21. I wanted a brand new pistol for every day carry and so that ruled out the Smith for me. Now that the K9 is on the way, the risk of also getting a used 3953 is less of a factor.

It's definitely on my short list too. Perhaps a 3913.. or a 4516..

Or- ALL THREE

tek610

Quote Originally Posted by tek610 View Post
    Just clicked "Place Order" and joined the Kahr family! My brand new K9 Elite should be at my FFL in a couple of days. Total price including shipping was just under $700.

I am STOKED!
    sweet, would love one of these also...congrats

Default Yes!

I picked it up today. A brand new, K9 Elite 03. Can't wait to get to the range!

thanks again for all the advice!

tek610

now a k9 elite under $700 is a deal... man wish i would've waited... now i am stuck with a cs k9... poo poo...

Quote Originally Posted by tek610 View Post
    I picked it up today. A brand new, K9 Elite 03. Can't wait to get to the range!

thanks again for all the advice!

tek610
    Man, I'm jealous! Enjoy it and give us a range report. Pictures!!
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

I love my COUNTRY...but I don't trust my GOVERNMENT.

--your post just showed up after I seconded the K9 recommendation. I was too late! Congrats--I don't believe you'll have any regrets whatsoever. I have the K40 and not the K9, but it continues to amaze me--it can print some impressive groups (for me at least). I feel learning the trigger is sort of a continuous process though, but I'm working up some more modest loads for the gun for more sustainable practice at draw-and-fire.

Congrats again! Everyone likes photos, too, you know.
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” T Bankhead
    NRA Patron Member
    US Air Force 1975-1996

I love my all-steel K9, but I just added a P9 and it's the same pistol with 8 less ounces... a big deal to me. I also have a P40 and carry it, too. I just couldn't handle the extra 8 ounces of the K, and I do have excellent belts... Looper Kydex-Reinforced gun belts and Cross Breed Mini Tuck holsters.

I wear shorts most of the year and long, loose Tees or Polos most of the year down here in northern Florida.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

The K9 is a great small size carry piece. Galco makes a great ankle holster for it, too.