Magnum Research new   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Proper prep of a new kahr

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Its made specifically gor tge laser site it has two Allen wrenches in it.
    Colt Gold Cup Trophy .45 ACP Stainless Ivory Grips
    Springfield Armory XD-40 OD green
    Taurus Brazil .38 Special 6-shot revolver
    S&W Snub .38 Special 5-shot revolver
    KAHR CW9 SS Guide Rod
    Bauer Automatic .25 ACP Stainless Wood Grips
    Hi-Standard Sentinel R-101 9 shot .22LR

Quote Originally Posted by medic579 View Post
    Its made specifically gor tge laser site it has two Allen wrenches in it.
    What's it good for besides the laser?

Oh. Can we see the Bauer?

Watch the video for take down and assembly on kahr.com... very informative and especially on the tricky bits like inserting the slide lock pin! Links in the first Sticky here.

That tool could double as a throwing star!

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Yea I watched all vids on KAHR site and YouTube. Before i touched it.
    KAHR CW9 SS Guide Rod

Very good! I wish that everyone did that... less of the emergency HELP! requests. I keep going back there to find it for people just joining us. It's amazing the trouble that people get into because they didn't read the manual(me, too) or take advantage of all of the data and information available online. Most people are sitting in front of these amazing search engine/audio-visual contraptions called computers, with the whole world at their fingertips.

I use the dining table and have the whole thing covered with all kinds of stuff and lots of Bounty paper towels and magazine-fliers to keep the oil and stuff off the table. My wife really hates me using it as a shop table.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

I use a tv tray just enough room. I gathered as much knowledge as poss before even though I have had many many diff weapons.
    KAHR CW9 SS Guide Rod

Just regular stuff knife blade, flat head and Phillips screwdriver. The Allen wrenches not sonmuch unless you have a laser.
    KAHR CW9 SS Guide Rod

3M brake cleaner from Napa - part #08880 is not available in my state. Napa had 3M High Power Brake Cleaner, # 08180 for $5.xx. "It contains no Chlorinated Solvents. NOTE: Cleaner may instantly damage paint and some plastics." Anyone using 08180?

How about this stuff?

CRC 05101 QD Electronic Cleaner - 4.5 Wt Oz.
    http://www.amazon.com/CRC-05101-QD-E.../dp/B000CCMLD0

I can't find anything that says it is chlorinated. It's made for electronic parts so very unlikely it would damage plastic. I've used it on many different plastic parts (including the lower portion of my S&W M&P 15/22 with no ill effect.

The can says it contains Methanol 67-56-1, n-Hexane 110-54-3, Isohexane 107-83-5, Petroleum Distillate 64742-48-9 and Carbon Dioxide 124-38-9.

Sounds scary. Squirt the stuff in there to flush things out, shake off the excess which also gets the last little bit of stuff that didn't flush out, and then ten seconds later it's clean and dry. It smells like alcohol, not like chlorine. I don't use it often, only when the powder residue and stuff is way back in unreachable spots.

P.S. Says on can "Harmless to most plastics and paper tapes."

thatis good stuff, but IMO way to expensive for gun cleaning. The cans are small in size as u stated and very expensive. I do use it on my computer sh-t and my Harley electronics etc. I haveno doubt it will do the job. It also loacks the air pressure behind it, which IMO most of these other cleaning sprays seem to have alot of, which is a real plus for getting crapola out of some tight areas..

Pure cholorinated sparys I think today are a thing of the past. EPA is clamping down on alot of these really harsh spra6ys sold over the counter. I see spray cleaner now marked VOL (i THINK THAT IS RIGHT) which tells me this is an EPA regulation that all compani8es will sooner than later have on thier cans, what the hell it means I dont know. (yet). I am sure some membershere have some insight into what this new labeling says and means..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY