Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: First time Kahr owner - CM9

Default First time Kahr owner - CM9

Hello - I only recently bought by first semi auto pistol this year, a Ruger P95. I have an old saturday night special type which i've owned for 20 years.

So after taking the Ruger to the range alot (1000 rounds by now), and getting my CCW, I decided to get a pocket gun for carry (the Ruger isn't real concealable). So I did lots of research, rented guns at the range, and found Kahr Talk.
    After all that, I decided on a CM9, and got new one at a fairly good price after some bargaining.

Did the initial cleaning and lube based upon the sticky here, and some of the other suggestions as well.
    Did 2 sessions at the range of 100 rounds each.

I like this gun. It even became more accurate after the first 100 too.
    The first 100, had a couple of fail to feeds, and twice the slide did not stay open after the last round (probably me).

The next 100, every round perfect. No failures, nothing wrong.
    I didn't even have any issues with my hands getting bit.

The only thing I found is after the 1st 100, on the back of the frame where it meets the slide, the edge bulged out a little bit. I emailed Kahr, they said thats 'normal', will not affect the gun.
    Has anyone else seen this on the frame?

Anyway, glad I bought the CM9, and good to be here too.

John

Talking The Big Grin Club!

The frame thing is normal. Just take a finger nail file to it and dress it up.

Welcome to the CM9 Owners Club! Our official symbol is the wide grin smily because we are so happy with our purchase that we can't wipe the smiles off our faces!

Here is your club badge.
    Very interesting...

Welcome John & congrats on your purchase of the best (IMHO) and easiest 9mm to CC. Got mine in September & love it, has replaced the LCP as my 24/7 pocket gun! Enjoy!
    Virtues are learned at Mother's Knee

Vices are learned at some other Joint

Welcome from the south!

I am surprised to hear a P-series Ruger is not functioning properly. Those things have loose tolerances and usually have AK47-like reliability. I had an old P89 9mm. It was a massive wepaon for 9mm!!! It never failed one time in 15 years and thousands of rounds.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”
    “To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    --George Mason

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Got that DC?

I think you read between the lines there les. I don't see where he had any problems with the Ruger other than a bit large to carry.

Glad you found us janderson, hope you find the forum is a nice place to hang out.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hey there. No, I do like the Ruger. No problems at all with it, it's easy to use and breakdown. The more I use it the more accurate it gets. It is just a bit large to conceal.
    But on the other hand, the CM9 is an easy carry. Did I mention i really like the CM9? I'm thinking of replacing the sights with XS or something similar.

welcome to the site

Welcome! I've got an old P94 and love it too. Don't carry it, but if I needed to take something that I could both drive nails with and count on to defend myself, it would be the chosen pistol.

Welcome. The more you shoot the CM9 the better it gets. I love mine. It's cant be replaced by anything I have seen yet.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/