Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Federal 115G fmj 9mm

These are what I shoot most. Wally world is on the way to the range, and they don't have any other loads that come close to these in price. I've probably put over 1,000 through my CW9, and my new Glock 19 Gen 4 chews them up just fine. I do notice that since this is a lighter load my Glock likes to eject them into my forehead ever once in a while. The first 100 rounds through my Glock where Winchester 9mm NATO. More noticeable recoil, and didn't have any casings come flying straight back.

Are they the American Eagles?

The AE are my favorite. Reasonably priced, clean, and never had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Double3 View Post
    Are they the American Eagles?

The AE are my favorite. Reasonably priced, clean, and never had a problem.
    No. They're a totally different round. American Eagle felt like a much hotter round when I shot some.

the federal champion is all i run through my guns & have never had any problems with any of them.
    wal-mart does have the best price on them that i've ever seen, the problem i've been having lately is finding the 100rd packs.
    9mm-$20
    .40-$24
    .45-$30

just picked up 1200rds of federal 9mm @ wally's this morning, stopped in yesterday & the guy said there getting a truck in tonight that has the 100rd boxes & would be on the shelf by 7.
    he was telling the truth & i bought all they had...
    BOB

Quote Originally Posted by dirtkicker View Post
    I had a couple failures with the federal at the very end of the break in period for my CM9. Now, they feed fine. I had serious problems with S & B. I mean I had a FTF almost every time. I won't use those again in my CM9. Not to worry because my Glocks eat their young. So if I get em cheap I feed the Austrians.
    That's what Austrians are good for, using up the leftovers

I buy the 100 round boxes of Federal at Wal Mart all of the time. I actually prefer it to the WWB. It runs good in my CM9. I only wish they packaged it differently. I bring it home and put in in boxes I have from other ammo. I don't like it loose. I like it in regular boxes.
    Pocket Pistol
    Go Gamecocks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by troutkiller View Post
    In my experience, Federal Champion brand is more consistent and better ammo than WWB.
    Same experience here. It is my main range ammo for 9mm