Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CM40...breaking followers....will it just go 'away'?

Default CM40...breaking followers....will it just go 'away'?

New CM40 and I've broken the followers in my 5rd and 6 rd mags now. Called Kahr and they asked how many rounds I've shot so far. Answer 300+. Customer service sent me a replacement and said if the problem persists past the break in period that they would have me ship the pistol back to them for repair.

Has any one seen this problem just go away after just shooting it more?

How the heck is the follower breaking???
    I hate being bi-polar, its awsome!

It's getting smacked by the feed ramp after the last round fires and the action locks back. You can see a little dent form in the front apron of the plastic follower after shooting 100+ rounds. Eventually, it breaks off!

Here is a photo:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, we do see this problem, especially with the 40s. If Kahr offers to send you a prepaid shipping label, send it to them. They will take a little bit off the bottom of the feed ramp to remedy it. They probably won't tell you what they did. But you'll be good to go.

Make sure they send you enough new followers to replace all of yours, whether they are broken yet or just dented.
    Very interesting...

Wait a minute ... newby here but they said "if the problem persists past the break-in period" ... If you have 300+ rounds through it isn't that pass the "break-in period" (200 rounds)? I have a CM9 ... is it different with the CM40?

yea, your cm9 won't break followers... my pm40 would break them every so often, there is thread on here talking about this and fixing the ramp.. I'd send it to kahr and call it a day. Even if you break a follower in a SD situation it will still feed all the rounds without a hitch.
    Focus on your front sight..... The rest should be blurry!

The magazine follower on my new MK40 broke after about 275 rounds. It looked like the picture above. I took a picture of it and emailed it to Kahr. They sent me a replacement follower. I have only shot about 100 more rounds since I replaced the follower so it is a little soon to say whether the problem is solved.

The follower broke recently on my CM9. I am awaiting a replacement from Kahr.

kahr magazines.......what else needs t be said?
    I hate being bi-polar, its awsome!