Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace

Thread: Is the K9 one of the best?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    The Kahr concept and general design are certainly one of the best for a concealed handgun. The sizes, weights and thin profiles are perfect. Where Kahr suffers in reputation are in the two most criticized areas; the "break in period" and Kahr's lack of rock solid reliability. The "greats" in the gun world do not have these handicaps.

Were the guns more reliable, then indeed the Kahr would be a great brand. I'm a huge Kahr fan, but the truth is I don't view them with anywhere near the awe that I do a Heckler Koch's product. My dream gun is a merger of Kahr and HK... a Heckler Kahr... a gun this small, this thin, this reliable, this perfect.
    Are the reliability issues more towards the newer guns " polymer " or all kahr's in general? When researching the K9 before buying one I didn't see a lot of talk about reliability issues.

The Kahrs are small packages and less forgiving than larger counterparts. I admire that Kahr is honest and states clearly that a break in is a good thing.

I think more than anything it gets a new owner and perhaps new shooter an opportunity to bond with the gun. They don't always need a break in at all but often times a combination of new shooter and a tight unforgiving gun make bad things happen.

There were very few issues with the K's and MK's. I had a peening issue with my early K40 but after that no issues since.

Those unknowing or those that ride for a specific brand will always find bad things to say about the ones they don't know about and usually have never had experience with.

The little 380 admittedly had a lot of issues. I think those have been worked out now and the new ones coming off the line are trouble free, hardly hear about any anymore.

Other than the lighter weight of the PM, the K has no downfalls. A good belt and holster and it'll be a winner.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Wisewolfhowling View Post
    Are the reliability issues more towards the newer guns " polymer " or all kahr's in general? When researching the K9 before buying one I didn't see a lot of talk about reliability issues.
    I'd say that's pretty accurate and a good point. Of the entire Kahr line, the K9 has the best reputation. The biggest criticism the K9 may have faced is the trigger. Why one trigger for the K9 and another for the rest of the line has always been a mystery to me persoanally.

The K9 and HK P2000sk aren't that far apart in size or weight.

Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.