Up until less then a year ago I had never shot a khar. Sure I had seen them in the magazines and wanted to try them out but for some reason took my time getting one. I finally broke down and bought a police trade in K9 and what did I find out? I absolutely love this gun! It shoots good, it is built solid, and is the perfect size in my opinion for ccw. I know some are going to argue that the pm9 is better for ccw but I like the extra weight and the full grip I can get on the gun.
Now I know this site is going to be biased and like me we like the kahrs, but on another web site I was trying to explain how good the guns are and some people were comparing them to kel tech. This leaves me to one conclusion" they have never really shot or handled a kahr". Of course this site was trying hard to promote sig. They finally got tired of me debating that they deleted me out of the thread LOL. I even told them kahr might not be the best gun out there "for me it is" but it is definitely not in the same category as kel tech and like I told them I would put my K9 up against there sig 290 any day of the week. So in my humble opinion I think the K9 is one of the "Greats" and will always be a viable choice as a ccw.