Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the K9 one of the best?

normally when an owner has an issue with any handgun, it hits every gun forum he can get on. Normally when we have zero issues. It never gets posted. Just the nature of the beast, and then add to that one has to sife the sh!t from the gold on the internet also.

U know the internet is like Obummer. It lies alot.. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I love my K40. I spent many years trying to find the best carry pistol for me and the K40 was my first pick. I stupidly sold it to fund another carry pistol and cycle went on for 10 years before I realized the K40 was the best. I bought a K40 again and will not sell it again.

I have never had a jam with either K40. I am not a fan of the poly Kahr's, they just don't feel as nice. I also think the risk of jams increase with the lighter weight. Not to say they are not reliable but it requires a much stronger grip to not limp wrist.

I agree that the K is the perfect size, but my flavor is a little lighter. The P9 (or P/CW in whatever cal. you like, the deal I found was a P9) is the best choice for me. The MK/PM/CM's are a little small to me, I like to get all my fingers on the grip.

what i love about my four kahrs are that they look like normal guns, compact, functional, optional of ss (black) or poly, and that they are usa...

they may not win the beauty pagent, may not yet build the glock reputation, but they sure come close tho...

actually I think the K9 kahrs are as nice a lookin gun as any oh the market. not any craphangingoff the sides of the gun. extremely clean lines.Polys are never as pretty as steel, but that is where it ends thoughto. Give me poly any day for ccw.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I have several guns, three of which are Kahrs. My K9 Elite is my favorite gun. It was my EDC for three years but now I use my new MK40 as my EDC. I taught my daughter and two grandsons to shoot with the K9. I shoot best with the K9. It is extremely accurate and the trigger is the smoothest I have ever felt. I use this gun when I have to requalify for my CHL. It is also the gun my daughter chose to use when she got her CHL.

Most people that buy Kahr models that have been on the market for a while have few if any problems. Its the new models that tend to have most problems. Eventually Kahr will work them out. If you buy a new Kahr, go through the breakin period and work out any problems you may have, even if it means sending it back to Kahr once, or even twice (this would be rare). The effort is worth it. Once you get the bugs out and get the gun broke in, it will be 100% reliable. I bet my life on mine.

Kahrs are designed for concealed carry. I personally think that they are the best gun available for concealed carry and that is why I carry Kahrs. If I thought there was a better one available, that is what I would carry. There are many guns better suited for exposed carry, but not for concealed carry.

Sorry, I am starting to ramble. I love my Kahrs.

The first time I shot my buddies K9 I was sold and quickly got rid of my LC9. The only issue I had with mine was it didn't want to feed 124 or 137 gr Gold Dot HP's. Kept nose diving. So switched to Hornady 137 gr Critical Duty and have had no issues sinse. It's a great pistol and even prefer it over my XDm.

I finally added a P9 to my Kahrs and it's like my K9 weighing 8 ounces less. I just need to put a metal base plate and O-ring on the mag for CCW. I've been CC'ing my P40 like that and it's only a tiny bit more to hide than the PM9 or PM45.

Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Default One of the best>>>

I have other firearms, but the two I keep loaded are a Sig P220 and a K9.

Mine is from the 90's. Other than Meprolight night sights (which still glow), it's stock. I've run about 1k through it. Never missed a beat.

Wisewolf my wife purchased our first Kahr. A CW9. I have to admit that we have had some issues. We are new to semi auto handguns and handguns this size of any type. Being a new gun to newbs I was still a bit miffed that I had some issues. I didn't let it upset us tho as the issues were mainly with the wife shooting and I guessed it was her grip more than anything. She could try to run a mag and have issue and I would take it reload and run the mag clean. But then now and then I would reload again and the dern thing would nose dive on me. She has either tightened up her grip or the gun has broken in because I can not recall an issue in our last three range trips.

I liked the feel of her CW9 so much I found myself a K9 (I like steel better than polymer but the CW is awesome). OMGAWD I am in love... or maybe it is lust. I had some issues with my K9 even tho it was used but it seems to have cleaned up as I can not recall an issue in those last range trips either.

IF you have some issues I bet someone here can help solve them.

My wife touched my K9 and her first words were "I know which Kahr I am going to carry".. I started looking for another one before we ever hit the range. I found one and got it only to find out that the wife can not run the slide to her satisfaction. It is a bit stiffer than the CW even with the reduced power springs.

If I had the cash I would buy CWs for my daughters and a K9 for my son. Tho he likes his SIG just fine...

Alas I like the feel of a revolver and sometimes I just have to carry a Ruger SP101 in 357 with some awesome Bawanna grips. When he gets the issue solved with the Kahr K9 grips I'll have a set on my K9.