CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the K9 one of the best?

I also have a sp101 I carry if not the k9. My sp is short barrel and does not have spur on hammer.
    When you say the slide on the k9 is stiff are you trying to sling shot the slide to chamber the first round? If I try this my slide is extremely stiff but the manual calls out to have the slide back when inserting mag and use slide stop to release the slide. When working my gun like this I don't seem to have a problem.
    I do understand carrying a revolver, some times I just feel the need to carry a wheel gun:-)

^^ the cw9 is a such a useful gun, more so than the k9, but the k9 just oh so right...

i had a sig a while back and liked much for it's beauty but for sure i never thought it could match my cw9 in terms of performance tho...

the k9 is just the right natural progression of things once you own a cw9...

well said.. I nver was a sig fan, just don't normally like big guns
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by kahrsport View Post

the k9 is just the right natural progression of things once you own a cw9...
    Ditto on that.

I liked my CW9 so much I just had to have the all metal big brother so I picked up a used one a few weeks ago.

I don't see me getting rid of my CW9 though. It's a fantastic gun especially for the price.

Much as I like and enjoy my Kahrs, I have a hard time lumping the K9 into a "Great" catagory. The term should be used for the few really well designed and executed guns. Kahrs bring many admirable features to the table, but the flaws make the gun less than perfect. Were these flaws corrected, and the manufacturing quality executed better, there's no doubt the guns would be great.

* Who here hasn't complained about the magazines and the built in propensity to nosedive?

* Another chronic mag problem is that they shed rounds when carried in a pocket or pouch.

* Many complaints of spring problems, both recoil and slide stop lever springs.

* Kahrs seem more prone to light strikes than other brands.

* Loading proceedures chase off many people that want to slingshot a slide.

* Nickle coating problems surface now and then.

As much as I like my Kahrs, they just aren't, IMHO, a brand that instills absolute trust. And that fact seems to be what a truely great gun, especially one intened for carry and protection, should be associated with.
    Last edited by ripley16; 10-31-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

great is a really hard term to place on kahr esp so many brands with so many guns to choose from but i guess you have decide how much credit or how much a given attribute of the kahr gun is considered so invaluable that no other gun can give ya...

that said i have absolutely zero problems with my 4 kahrs except the mk9 with the serrations missing on one side (fixed by kahr)... with all different type of ammos too...

but i do agree the magazine is rather odd by design and so many stories, i guess a new mag means a new gun and that's not something easily done?...

Default Imo

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Much as I like and enjoy my Kahrs, I have a hard time lumping the K9 into a "Great" catagory. The term should be used for the few really well designed and executed guns. Kahrs bring many admirable features to the table, but the flaws make the gun less than perfect. Were these flaws corrected, and the manufacturing quality executed better, there's no doubt the guns would be great.

* Who here hasn't complained about the magazines and the built in propencity to nosedive?

* Another chronic mag problem is that they shed rounds when carried in a pocket or pouch.

As much as I like my Kahrs, they just aren't, IMHO, a brand that instills absolute trust. And that fact seems to be what a truely great gun, especially one intened for carry and protection, should be associated with.
    from being on here since the git go. most of what ur talkingab out doesn't relate to the K9. I guess Great is in the eyes of the beholder also. I put the glock in a great colum and I am sure many willdissagree with me. They have had many issues over theyears, and a list of internal changes that would choke a horse, but it is what it is. I certainly donm't put the 1911 in a Great category. Many do. Some put the HK in a great category, but I don't want a gun bigger than my house.

I put my PM9 as a great gun FOR ME. I absolutely truyst my PM9 (both of them_)

Great migbht be a term not to good for guns even Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Damn commy! The 1911 is the greatest of the great. I agree on the others. I've often wonder if the controls on a HK could pull double duty as jack handles on my car jack, or pry bars for demolition work in construction.

Actually all guns are great, just some are greater than others.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post

* Who here hasn't complained about the magazines and the built in propensity to nosedive?

Maybe I've been fortunate, [Gee, I hate that word] but through seven Kahrs over five+ years I haven't had one of these problems. I do carry any extra mags in a tight pouch and I NEVER use extended mags in any pistol, so maybe two don't apply. BTW, I've never had a problem sling shotting a Kahr or any other pistol for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    Some put the HK in a great category, but I don't want a gun bigger than my house.
    I just looked at my HK45C and have decided that you have a very small house.