Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the K9 one of the best?

small house, yup , but big ideas.

For me anyhow a great gun to me is one that is with me 24/7 and I carried my J frame for many many years, It was a great gun. then along comes my PM9 and it is now with me 24/7 and I would not carry a gun that I don't trust. Never did, never will.

Sorry Bawanna, I speak the truth though. O'Dell that HK45C is a house compared to my T-Pee PM9, Helleven the HJK45C (compact, which is a joke) comaredto the PM45kahr. it is still a house compred to a T-Pee in the 45cal even..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default about like u

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Damn commy! The 1911 is the greatest of the great. I agree on the others. I've often wonder if the controls on a HK could pull double duty as jack handles on my car jack, or pry bars for demolition work in construction.

Actually all guns are great, just some are greater than others.
    we don't call u the GREAT ONE for nuttin. Just sayin
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    small house, yup , but big ideas.

For me anyhow a great gun to me is one that is with me 24/7 and I carried my J frame for many many years, It was a great gun. then along comes my PM9 and it is now with me 24/7 and I would not carry a gun that I don't trust. Never did, never will.

Sorry Bawanna, I speak the truth though. O'Dell that HK45C is a house compared to my T-Pee PM9, Helleven the HJK45C (compact, which is a joke) comaredto the PM45kahr. it is still a house compred to a T-Pee in the 45cal even..
    I don't know what an HJK45C is but an HK45C is a compact, [note the "C"] and it's considerably smaller than a house. Admittedly, my full size USP 40 is, well, full sized, and is about the same size and weight as my SIG P220. However, both are great for home defense weapons as they both have excellent night sights, and I don't "carry" either of them. The HK is slightly greater because it has almost double the capacity.

I will not put down a Kahr, because I consider them great for their intended purpose, which is concealed carry. After all I have bought seven of them. If I'm forced to pocket carry, it will be the PM9, and if I can belt carry, in most cases it will be the CW45 or the MK40.

To me a great gun is one that you can take out of the box, clean, load, and not have a thought if it will perform as designed. So far that has been true of every Kahr, HK, SIG, and S&W I have ever owned. I can't say the same for all my 1911's, but it does apply to the SIGs and Springfields. I don't think you will ever find many people who have had an HK that wouldn't qualify, including the SEALS and Army Rangers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Howdy,

I have to agree with you on Springfields. They work right out of the box, accurate as heck, & reliable. I own 8 1911's, from 3" to 5", from 6 rounds to 14 rounds, and various colors, silver, green, & black. I also have a Rock Island Arms 1911, in 9 MM, which was new, and has 300 rounds down the tube, no malufuctions. My Colt WW1 reissue has had no problems out of the box, either

jkrzos

sorry about the missspell O'Del lI did mean the HK45C, it is small by their standards but very big by Kahr PM45 standards.4 sure I ain't knocking any HK, they are what they are, great gunsj, Just not small guns when ur comparing Kahrs to any HK

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Hardly worth mentioning, you so rarely make a spelling error that it's just appalling when it does happen. Why make a mountain out of a mole hill?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

yes it happens so rarely,that I can't believe O"Dell called me out on it even. Just sayin

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I love the K9. I have a PM9 also and love it as well but if I could only keep one I would have to choose the K9. A little harder to conceal but not that much harder and I think it is a better all around gun. Just the right size. A great design. I never had a malfunction with either of the two K9's that I've owned (knock on wood) even right out of the box.
    I also agree that the 1911 is a great design. Maybe the greatest. There are so versions out there that are built to a price point and that's what gives the 1911 a spotty reputation for reliability but if you get a well made one, they are extremely reliable. Due to the design they require hand labor to build them properly so getting a good one usually means big bucks. But hey, you gotta spend your money on something.

I've had zero reliability issues with my K9, purchased in 2000, with a few thousand rounds through it. I've had zero reliability issues with my MK9, purchased in 1999 with thousands of rounds through it. Zero issues with my K40, except when I jacked up the recoil spring when disassembling (sic?). And (maybe best concealability to power ratio of all) my K40 covert, purchased used, with a few thousand rounds through it, works fine.

I think the PM series with polymer frame have helped create the reputation of reliability problems. I waited some time before getting into one. I think this forum did a lot in helping to figure out most common causes of problems. Finally got a bluntnosed one used earlier this year, and it did take some working things out with ammo and magazines/springs. I trust it now.

No doubt the HK's are fine guns, but the Kahrs are exceptionally shootable, with the finest double action trigger, and the best fit for those with smaller hands.
    Last edited by eltee; 10-31-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: and also (hit the send button too soon)

well op, i have a question for ya? what ya think of the cz75 full size?