Mitch Rosen   Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a new Walther PPQ!

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    I sure hope so, but this is USPS Priority Mail, not UPS Overnight Air or Two Day. We'll see. I've waited this long, so I can wait it out. I keep on reading the glowing reviews from everyone who has gotten their hands on one, so I am really pleased with my decision!
    I've always had good results with USPS Priority Mail. It's usually faster than I expect.

Mine arrived last week. Ordered it at "Discount Gun Sales" (chain store) and they transferred one from another location, had it in a couple of days. Been out shooting once, and it was fantastic. I used S&B, PMC, and even abused it with some Wolf. It ran fine, no failures.

Great gun!

Nice pistol. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Might seem hard to believe now, but I still think that anticipation is part of the enjoyment.

Once it arrives, a new form of enjoyment will begin.

And then you can share it with us.
    "Measure twice, cut once. Think twice, speak once."

Supposedly the best stock trigger in existence. Handled one at the LGS back right after they hit, its one sweet sweet pistol. Gonna be hard not to like it me thinks.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Not trying to hijack JFootin's thread, but since he doesn't have his yet:

(This is a re-post from another thread on this forum. Hope that doesn't break any forum rules I'm not aware of.)

I recently went to the range and tried out a Springfield XDM, S&W M&P 9, Ruger SR9, and Walther PPQ. All 9mm. Didn't get to play with different backstraps on any of them, of course.

The Springfield felt OK. This one had been worn in so the stipples were a little rounded, not all sharp like the one in the gun shop, but still a bit rough. That one shot OK but seemed a bit awkward to me.

The S&W felt better in my hand, but the fit and finish was just not there. I have a couple other M&Ps (rifles) which I really like, so I expected to like the M&P 9, but I was not impressed with their implementation of the 9mm.

The Ruger seemed like it was assembled out of spare parts in a Harley factory. That's pretty much par for the course for Ruger guns, but usually they have redeeming qualities. I didn't find any in the SR9.

The Walther was like a breath of fresh air after being in a full meeting room on a warm day. Even for an abused range gun, it was holding together well. The fit and finish was good. It fit my hand well. I could reach the controls. It felt "natural" to me.

I fired best with the Walther. With the Springfield, I could shoot pretty good 5" groups at 15 feet if I concentrated and took my time between shots. With the Walther, I was shooting those same groups while shooting about twice as fast, concentrating less. When I took my time and placed my shots carefully, I was shooting 2" groups at 15 feet.

Thanks Scoundrel. That is typical of everything I have been reading for a long time about the PPQ!
    Very interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    Thanks Scoundrel. That is typical of everything I have been reading for a long time about the PPQ!
    I read a comment or something somewhere, review maybe...anyway, comment was that the PPQ in every way out-Glocks a Glock, just to piss off the Glock folks here. But I wouldn't know, I'm in love with my mile-long-pull Sig P250.

Well, there are a couple of areas they don't out-Glock the Glocks.
    1. Nobody makes a 30-round magazine for them.
    2. Threaded barrels are rare and expensive.

Walther made a threaded barrel for the first edition PPQ, but nobody knows where to buy them. People who have them, and are selling them, want $350-$400 for them.

Jarvis Custom makes drop-in threaded barrels for them for $277. A little spendy, but there you are. I ordered one, and I'll let you know how it fits when it arrives and I take it to the range. But, it's gonna be a LONG time before I can tell you how the 9mm suppressor works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrel View Post
    Well, there are a couple of areas they don't out-Glock the Glocks.
    1. Nobody makes a 30-round magazine for them.
    2. Threaded barrels are rare and expensive.

Walther made a threaded barrel for the first edition PPQ, but nobody knows where to buy them. People who have them, and are selling them, want $350-$400 for them.

Jarvis Custom makes drop-in threaded barrels for them for $277. A little spendy, but there you are. I ordered one, and I'll let you know how it fits when it arrives and I take it to the range. But, it's gonna be a LONG time before I can tell you how the 9mm suppressor works out.
    Yea, the super hi capacity mag is one, the price of the mags are another, they are not cheap. Spare parts are another. I ended up bypassing the PPQ for 3 reasons mag price/availability, trigger just too short reset for my taste, parts/service. But it was definitely a sweet trigger and if I had unlimited funds, I'd have one in the collection.

I hope the Glock folks KNOW I was just ribbing you...

JFootin, I am sure you will love that gun. It is the only gun I am waiting on at the moment. I was really looking forward to the HK P40 but that gun just did not make it into production. The closest thing to the P40 with most likely a far better trigger is the PPQ. Unfortunately I search all the gun shops here in Thailand, and they just aren't here yet. As German guns come to Thailand via USA (due to some legal requirements) and as the PPQ is so in demand in USA, I don't expect to find one any time soon.

So JFootin, I expect a range report, pictures and a thread with your thoughts on the gun and I will be able to experience the PPQ vicariously.

Enjoy, I am so jealous. And a

PP