Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P938 'Extreme' First Impressions & Initial Range Report

I just couldn't fugly my shiny beauty up like that. I don't have a pic, but I added thin, carefully cut strips of Traction Grip material in the serrations, which looks kinda cool, but it didn't really help gripping the slide. I find that when the gun and I are warmed up from shooting at the range, I can rack the slide just fine if I need to clear a jam. (Only had 1 or 2 jams during breakin and none since.) I keep hoping the recoil spring will loosen some more.

Hey PP, mine is a fine gentleman's firearm! LOL!
    Very interesting...

I thought about sending the slide to one of the custom shops and having them do a fish scale treatment to the P232 slide, but she says no. So, I offered to buy her a plain two-tone P232, swap slides, sell the plain P232, then polish the slide the same way I did on my Springfield. She still says no.

This photo shows how the serrations on the Springfield are even sharper than before. She's not keen on racking the slide on a 45, but this one is effortless for her because there's just no slipping.

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    I just couldn't fugly my shiny beauty up like that. I don't have a pic, but I added thin, carefully cut strips of Traction Grip material in the serrations, which looks kinda cool, but it didn't really help gripping the slide. I find that when the gun and I are warmed up from shooting at the range, I can rack the slide just fine if I need to clear a jam. (Only had 1 or 2 jams during breakin and none since.) I keep hoping the recoil spring will loosen some more.

Hey PP, mine is a fine gentleman's firearm! LOL!
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell
    Kahr's: K9, PM9, P380
    SOB's: 1911's, Sig's, Smith's . . .