Xssights   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CM9 or CM40

Default CM9 or CM40

LARGE LGS has CM40 for $20 less than the CM9. Why is that? Is the 40 a slow mover, more problematic or a dog? My other pistols are .40 so it makes sense for me to stay with .40. For those of you who have owned / shot both which do you prefer and why? Is the .40 in this smaller CM fame a real handful? I have a G27 and handle it well but have never fired a CM40. These little buggers really attract me.

Default Like my CM40

I have never had a CM9 but did have a CW9. I now have the CM40 and having never shot anything above a 9mm have found no problem shooting this 40 caliber. I find it not unpleasant to shoot even one hand and weak hand and find it to be very accurate. The only drawback is that the followers on the magazine may be damaged from the force exerted by the 40 caliber. This may be due to the feed ramp not being finished properly. I would get the 40 is you like the caliber and worry about problems if and when the happen. Like I said I like my CM40 and will work and get it into the condition I want. The size of this weapon makes it very desireable as a CCW weapon and I plan on keeping mine.

Almost as soon as I brought the CM9 home and got it broken in, Kahr announced the CM40. Damn it, what do I do now, right? The results of FBI testing back in the day resulted in the 40 S&W being best ballistic choice between the 9MM, 40S&W, and the 45ACP. But really, now with the modern ammunition designs? I could never trade in a firearm once it becomes part of the family (a personal defect maybe). I would have to instead now buy the CM40. Is there a point to that...other than getting another gun for the gun safe? I don't know.

Placement over caliber trumps most all the time. The 40 is a hot round and in a cm or PM kahr which weighs damn near nuttin u know ur shootin a 40 to. Just sayin. I know many say they ca hendle the 40 in polymer kahrs but we also reaqdhere ALOT of 40 owners saying that it is not a fu gun to shoot. I have no fears thatmy 9m will more than do the job IF I DO MINE..

Had my 69 year opld eyes checked yesterday andI am very left eye dominant and it had changed a whole lot. Doc told meI am starting to get cataracts and soon will have to sh!t or getoff the pot. I new have my excuse for why I miss so much. IT IS NOT MY FAULT. I am so relieved
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

I like the 9 in smaller pistols.......

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    Placement over caliber trumps most all the time. The 40 is a hot round and in a cm or PM kahr which weighs damn near nuttin u know ur shootin a 40 to. Just sayin.
    ~
    +1

Wise words.

Quote Originally Posted by igolfat8 View Post
    LARGE LGS has CM40 for $20 less than the CM9. Why is that? Is the 40 a slow mover, more problematic or a dog? My other pistols are .40 so it makes sense for me to stay with .40. For those of you who have owned / shot both which do you prefer and why? Is the .40 in this smaller CM fame a real handful? I have a G27 and handle it well but have never fired a CM40. These little buggers really attract me.
    Are you in C-bus? That LGS sounds like Vance's

I live 1 hour away but yes, you are correct, that's the store. Which one do you suggest?

have both and probaly would always carry 40 but after 2nd. or 3rd. round have to reposition in my hand. if you are in good shape and young as opposed to old and weak like me go for the 40. i stay with 9 because i can empty mag as fast as i can pull trigger.

I love my PM 40. Carry it almost exclusively , and enjoy it at the range all the time. Recoil does not seem to be a problem to me at all.