Xssights   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First AR15 Build. Welcoming Input

That's near perfect Justin. Just what I'd do if the bank account would support me just a little.

I see so many with everything but the kitchen sink and a cup holder attached, and you just end up taking a light easy quick handling rifle and turn it into a mega heavy unwieldy thing with a lot of unneeded junk on it.

I love flip up iron sights, a red dot or low power optic is nice on quick removeable mounts so when they fail they get tossed.

I'm still trying to condition myself to any color besides black but I kind of like yours so maybe I'm coming around a little bit.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I'm still trying to decide on some optics for it, and a MOE vertical grip and then it will be done. I agree with making them big and unwieldy, I wanted a sleek, quick design. I have also always been a bigger fan of black, but I really liked the new Foliage color of green and went with it. I'm glad I did, I like the contrast between black metal and green parts, vs all black. Kind of makes me want one in FDE, but I don't think my wife will handle that request at present.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinN View Post
    I'm still trying to decide on some optics for it, and a MOE vertical grip and then it will be done. I agree with making them big and unwieldy, I wanted a sleek, quick design. I have also always been a bigger fan of black, but I really liked the new Foliage color of green and went with it. I'm glad I did, I like the contrast between black metal and green parts, vs all black. Kind of makes me want one in FDE, but I don't think my wife will handle that request at present.
    I like the MOE furniture as well. Here's my AR in FDE. It's a S&W upper on a RRA lower (really like the 2 stage trigger). I recently added the Aimpoint Patrol Rifle Optic:

Regards,
    Greg

Ok, call me stupid. What's FDE stand for?
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Sorry Bawanna, my bust: FDE - flat dark earth. The color of the Magpul Original Equipment (stock, pistol grip, hand guards, and magazine) on my rifle.
    Regards,
    Greg

Dang it, I should of had that one. I'm still new to all these new color schemes. I kind of like it on your and Justins. Maybe I'll catch up one of these days.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

I could see the practicality of this type of cerakote.
    Maybe some day
    Kahr PM9094 - Hornady Critical Defense

Marlin 30-30
    Mossberg 500A 12 GA
    Marlin .22LR

Marlin 30-30
    Mossberg 500A 12 GA
    Marlin .22LR

Great minds think alike... LRB lower, RRA mid-length upper w/Magpul furniture

OP, I'm really liking the mid-length gas system, it's a good choice over the shorty. I almost went full-length, but decided against it.

@Justin - my question is, is the regular forearm easy to install during a build? The free float is all I can find being installed in videos so far, and it seems very simple.

Thanks Charlie. I first went with the midlength because you can mount a bayonet on it. Then I found on bravo company's site, that the midlength cuts down on recoil a lot while still being light and maneuverable.

Marlin 30-30
    Mossberg 500A 12 GA
    Marlin .22LR