Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First AR15 Build. Welcoming Input

Quote Originally Posted by jlottmc View Post
    I have a black MOE vertical grip for mine some where, took it off because I just didn't cotton to it. If it matched the paint, I'd send it to you.
    As much as I wanted to like the MOE grip, I didn't. The way it attached was not very... roubust. I have a Tapco short verticle grip that I love... and I don't actually use it as a grip, I use it like a Magpul AFG... it feels better that way and, when the actual forearm gets REALLY HOT after a few mags, I can always go to a full verticle grip.

Quote Originally Posted by jlottmc View Post
    Greg,
    I have the same muzzle device on mine (friend from the academy had it but needed a short one so we traded, my A2 for that) how do you keep that thing from ringing?
    I haven't really noticed any ringing from it. I've heard some of the new prong type devices ring, but I haven't shot anything that style since the early days of Uncle Sam providing me with black rifles.
    Greg

My two sons and I are in the early steps of building 3 ARs. At this point we have S&W stripped lowers and DPMS parts kits. Next step is stripped uppers, they want to go .556 but I am thinking .300 Blackout.

Any thoughts....

I see, well thanks Greg. Guess I'll just have to live with it or find a new device that doesn't ring.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.

Do you have the Vortex flash suppressor jlott?? I heard that they are notorious for ringing.

How effective is it otherwise though?
    Kahr PM9094 - Hornady Critical Defense

Marlin 30-30
    Mossberg 500A 12 GA
    Marlin .22LR

I don't know what the name of the flash suppressor is, it looks like a very long A2 but also has slots all the way around. Like I said, I didn't really care what was on the end and a buddy needed an A2. As far as how effective, I have no idea, never had the opportunity to shoot my rifle at night. In fact now that I think about it, I haven't done much night shooting at all since the Corps. We did do pistols with the lights out in the academy, but that's been the last real night fire I've done.
    Attitude: it takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile...and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

The olive branch is considered a symbol of peace, and good will. Last time I checked, it's still a switch.