Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart out of 9mm (except PPU)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Walmart out of 9mm (except PPU)

Well I have taken 2 trips to walmart this week (one trip to each one in town) trying to buy some range ammo for when i go to purchase my range membership, and they have been out of 9mm fmj except for PPU ammo. I looked it up on my phone and saw that it was made in serbia, and it cost a little over $15 for 50 rounds without tax. So I decided to forgo the ammo, thinking that if it has sat on the shelf when all the american stuff was gone, that it's probably not worth running through my CW9. Does anyone have experience with this stuff?

mY LOCA WAL MART HAS HAD NO wwb 100 PAKS FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW.

Thank you obummer..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

All my local Walmarts never have ammo. The shelves always seem to be bare. When I asked about 9mm they said sometimes they get a few boxes in the shipment and sometimes not. That person seemed as frustrated about it as I was... I'm sure they have been asked a million times.

Most local gun stores seem to overprice their ammo, but one store near me always has 9mm Blazer Brass for $10.50 and the aluminum for about $9.

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoB View Post
    ~
    Most local gun stores seem to overprice their ammo, but one store near me always has 9mm Blazer Brass for $10.50 and the aluminum for about $9.
    That's a good deal. I have to buy by the 1000 to come close to that price/box.

I have gotten to know the sales clerk at my wal-mart .She was telling me today that a couple of the lgs employees have been in buying ammo .She told me once it comes in it does not sit on the shelf for long.

yeah right after I purchased my cw9 (less than a month ago) I went to walmart and they tons of 9mm, so I didn't think stocking up would be necessary, they had remington UMC 250 packs for a little over $50, WWB 100 for $22 or so, Federal champion, CCI, you name it. I wish I had the foresight to buy a boatload then, I can probably find it at the local outdoors store or the range, but nobody can beat those wally world prices.

I have 3 Walmarts within easy driving distance in my area and all 3 have been out of WWB as well as Federal. Even the 22 CCI minmags have become scarce. Since the election (sorry to bring that up) I guess everyone is panicking and buying it all up. Fortunately following a similar shortage after the Colorado shooting I started stocking up when it started appearing back on the shelves so I'm not without, but has cut down on my range time

Quote Originally Posted by MilesDavis View Post
    Well I have taken 2 trips to walmart this week (one trip to each one in town) trying to buy some range ammo for when i go to purchase my range membership, and they have been out of 9mm fmj except for PPU ammo. I looked it up on my phone and saw that it was made in serbia, and it cost a little over $15 for 50 rounds without tax. So I decided to forgo the ammo, thinking that if it has sat on the shelf when all the american stuff was gone, that it's probably not worth running through my CW9. Does anyone have experience with this stuff?
    I've no experience with the their 9mm stuff, but I ran 100 rounds of PPU .223 through my AR this afternoon without any issues.
    Regards,
    Greg

PPU ammo is great stuff. I've shot their rifle cartridges and wouldn't hesitate to try the 9mm ammo as well. tom.
    SPES MEA IN DEO EST

N.R.A. LIFEMEMBER

all of our local walmart's within 20mi only have the UMC 250rd & Winchester in the 100rd packs, i've been looking for the Federal 100rd packs for months now & never see them.
    i swear the employee's get the word out when they do hit the shelf & then there gone in knowtime.