Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fiber optic sights?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster09 View Post
    Definitely not for carry gun. Ahlman's gun shop does not recommend them. They replace tons of them due to being to fragile.

https://www.ahlmans.com/handgun-work.html
    Some are definitely better than others. The one’s where the “pipe” is almost fully exposed... asking for trouble. Some have the pipe more protected as they are enveloped in metal. My buddy’s Taurus poly Judge pipe does not have anything enveloping it, and he is a klutz, so he breaks it often.
    First 2 pics are what I’d call asking for it. 2nd 2 are better protected:
    1B1B10A2-60BF-4328-BF6B-C8E92E7177DC.jpeg4D33B409-0828-49B6-86FA-B4476D6BD2AA.jpegE5E60611-935F-4DD7-9AF9-BCB3E1F91280.jpegD2B521F1-D5FA-4669-BA5E-292D18F4D94C.jpeg

Like most new things I think they are making improvements on the sights all the time. For some reason the fiber optics just don't seem to work for me, haven't found the right color or maybe I'm just fiber optic challenged.

I think with minimal care most will hold up just fine. Noting of course Birds previous post the 2nd two would definitely stand up to more mild abuse.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I have fiber optic sights on a 308 Browning BLR that I use for deer hunting, haven't had any issues with that. Also have fiber on 2 of my 1911s, a 45 and a 10mm. No issues there either. The 10mm is my woods gun. Figure if fiber stands up to that and the deer rifle one should work fine on a EDC gun, since both of those situations see more rough treatment than my EDC does. Just haven't picked one up for my Kahr yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    haven't found the right color or maybe I'm just fiber optic challenged
    I’ve found that the hot pink one’s are the most visible and catches my eye the quickest, at least for me. Probably the florescent green would be 2nd.