Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missouri Bob On-Board

Default Missouri Bob On-Board

Hello, everyone!

Just joined the forum, and looking forward to good discussion, technical guidance, and lessons learned. Born in Colorado, raised in Pennsylvania, living in Missouri. I'm a retired Navy and Army pilot (involuntarily after 30+ years due to age), but still working as an environmental hydrogeologist cleaning up contaminated industrial sites. I prefer pistols, and own a SIG SP2022 in 9mm, Taurus 709 Slim (CCW), and Ruger SR22 for plinking. Have a used K9 inbound, which will be another CCW. Married to an RN, have 4 sons, and besides pistols, hobbies are music (contrabass clarinet, bass sax, singing), snakes, hiking, and caving. Looking forward to being a part of this group. Wishing a wonderful Christmas and holiday season to all!

Missouri Bob has a right nice ring to it. I was born there and drug to the west coast against my will in my youth.

A lot of years of service behind ya and I think I speak for all when I say thank you for that.

Consider yourself already a part, we're glad you stumbled onto us and joined the clan.

Lots of smart folks here on all sorts of subjects. They help me all the time.

Welcome, hope you enjoy yourself and hang around regular.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Welcome to the forum Used-to-be PA Bob!
    Thanks for your Service!

Sold all my guns. I dislike firearms.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    That notch in the rail is supposed to be there

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    --Thomas Jefferson (1764).

Welcome to Missouri from Texas! I JUST PCSed here from Springfield. Which hospital does your wife work at? I worked at Cox in orthopedic surgery.
    Kahr PM9094 - Hornady Critical Defense

Marlin 30-30
    Mossberg 500A 12 GA
    Marlin .22LR

Talking

Welcome to the Forum....eeow snakes .....the only good snake is a dead snake :59:
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Wavin' from the east side of the state welcome aboard!

Thanks for the warm greetings, folks! Already feel at home - much appreciated!

MO-Soldier - my wife worked at both Cox and St Johns (now Mercy). She was a cardiac nurse, then got her MS Nursing and taught Psych Nursing at Cox College (I really have to watch what I say). She finished up heading the in-house staff Ed program at the Big House at Mercy. She retired this past June.

Jeepster - snakes (or "snak-ees" as the wife calls them) are cool! Don't believe what you saw in the movie "Anaconda". They eat rats! When they let me do attachments I'll send a pic.....

Good to be here, and looking forward to discussion - I will have some questions when my used K-9 arrives - will post in that subforum......

Welcome, Geibob.
    Your going to love this forum, it a lot of knowledgeable people who are always willing to help.

Talking

He does look kinda "cuddly".....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    ....I was born there and drug to the west coast against my will in my youth....
    Bawanna, I have lived in CA all my life and am starting to think someone would have to be drugged to move out here (to keep them from kicking and screaming)!

Geobob, welcome to the forum! Nice list of talents (and guns). My wife and I are (were) percussionists. We used to teach and play in local concert bands and wind ensembles. We don't do much playing these days.

P.S. start posting a bunch now so you can show us photos of your used K9 and how it cleans up. (there is a 30 post minimum before you can post photos)