Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen

Thread: CW45 (and other poly Kahr pistols): issues and fixes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nose dives:
    Also see: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...t-modification

Follower interference:
    The follower simply needs to be made so that it does not contact the latch at anytime. To prove this to myself, I marked the area of the follower that appeared in the latch window, then reshaped the upper portion of the follower and cut off a portion of the skirt. *If you are doing this mod to eliminate nose dives, you may not need to remove as much material as shown here. Try removing just enough material to allow the follower to pass the magazine latch without issue.

You can usually see where the latch is being scrapped by the follower.

Now, the follower does not contact the latch at any point. Magazine latch window (OEM follower on the left, modified on the right):

UPDATE!!! - I now prefer to grind/sand/file the follower skirt for clearance vice cutting it (see right two photos). The upper part of the follower still needs to be reshaped for clearance as shown in the photo of the modified follower.

Magazine spring installation:
    I might also suggest to check the orientation of the spring to the follower. We've had folks report receiving a new magazine with the spring installed incorrectly.
    Correct position of spring on the follower:
    Last edited by gb6491; 04-29-2021 at 05:13 AM.