Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CW45 (and other poly Kahr pistols): issues and fixes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This should DEFINITELY be a stickie. gb6491 is to be commended for his concise explanations and excellent photography.

good man Bawanna, now see if u can make yourself dissapear?

Just kiddin this forum would be boring without your input. but I do thank you as I think the GB 6491 thread is one of the best..
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Hmm, I don't see a disappear button, there is a delete button, reckon that would work?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I know, I'll ask Mr. Surveyor. He's figured out how to make himself invisible!
    That would work.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Dawson Precision front sight installation:
    http://www.dawsonprecision.com/image...%20Insert2.pdf

BTW - Thanks Bawanna

Upstate NY - (nothing like NYC). In remote country with thousands of acres of hunting.

GREAT analysis and descriptions of the mods. I have not experienced any issues with my PM40, but if I do, I will refer back to this info to look at any of your solutions that may help resolve the issue. Great work. You put alot of time and detail into this. Should be a sticky. Thanks for sharing.
    My Sword - PM4044N/CTL/Talons
    - "One should diligently train at all times." Miyamoto Musashi
    - "Train in technique until it requires no thought - no mind and just happens." Takan Soho
    - "The truth beyond the technique....Here's where we stop thinking and start shooting." Brian Enos
    - "A single sword against the cold sky." Yamaoka Tesshu
    - "You must concentrate upon and consecrate yourself wholly to each day, as though a fire were raging in your hair."
    Taisen Deshimaru
    - "Know your sword!"

Shoot, don't know that I've ever seen this before. Makes me want to go buy a CW/PM45 just to work on (yeah, in my dreams). Do we have one for PM9 mods?
    •"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - O. L.
    • "America's not at war; her military is. America's at the mall."

Trigger not resetting:
    The problem (http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=6057):
    Quote Originally Posted by kahrseye View Post
    Haven't seen this one before. Went shooting today with a friend. We ran a couple of mags through the gun and then the problem started. I shoot the gun, it ejects the cartridge, loads a new round but doesn't reset the trigger. So I have a unspent round in the chamber, I pull the trigger and and there is no resistance. I clear the chamber pull back the slide and load the same round and then the gun shoots. But then the same problem occurs again. I can only shoot one round. Has anyone ran into this before? I was shooting Federal ammo, 230 gr FMJ RN. If I had different ammo, I would have tried to see if that was the problem. On the last mag, I did shoot 2 in a row before the problem started again.
    A fix as posted by Cash.45:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash.45 View Post
    Hi guys. Just joined the forum as I was looking for a fix for this exact problem. Well, I didn't find it here so I dug into it myself and here's what I found.

1) The trigger would reset all day long manually racking the slide, but if I pulled upwards on the slide while racking it the trigger would not reset.

2) I took the slide off and while manually pushing down on the trigger bar tab (that sticks up for the slide to engage, push down and reset the trigger) I noticed it was reseting the trigger below the level that the slide could depress it.

3) Upon further inspection I noticed the tab (red arrow in attached picture) that engages the cocking cam (blue arrow in attached picture) was bent up at enough of an angle that it required the trigger bar to be pushed down below the level that the slide could depress it.

4) I manually bent the tab down about 5-10 degrees and reassembled the pistol (CW 45).

5) While pulling upward on the slide and racking it the trigger now reset every time.

I just got back from the range and I put 120 rounds through it with 0 malfunctions.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope this helps someone (it sure was frustrating for me!).
    How it was accomplished:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cash.45 View Post
    Actually, and gunsmiths are going to cringe at this, I removed the trigger bar spring, lower the trigger bar down and manually bent the tab with a screwdriver. I knew it didn't need much of an adjustment and didn't want to disassemble the trigger if I didn't have to.
    Nicely done Cash.45!

The trigger bar tab Cash.45 bent is just above the arrow labeled "Trigger bar in contact with cocking cam" in this photo:
    Last edited by gb6491; 11-13-2015 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks Cash45 and Greg for posting it. Good stuff as usual.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Hi guys. I stumbled across this thread while exploring the forum and discovered a problem I didn't even know I had (the missing slide notch). This thread is a gold mine! Great fixes, photos and descriptions. You guys rock! Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with us Kahr newbies. And thanks to gb6491 for assembling this info and Bawanna45cal for making it a sticky.