Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CW9, break in is flawless, Plasti-Lube

Smile CW9, break in is flawless, Plasti-Lube

I recently purchased my first Kahr handgun, the CW9. I did a lot of research to esttle in on this weapon. I replaced a Glock that I liked to shoot, but I had trouble pointing it well. The Glock fit in MY hand as it related to pointability was a challenge. Of course, this was just me.
    I cleaned the new weapon per the information on the posts located here in this forum, thanks for the information.
    The first 50 rounds went flawless. I cleaned again, the second 50 flawless again! Wow, it was functioning flawlessly.

I live in Minnesota and I am lucky to have a an outdoor area I setup for my shooting; its not great, but I can go when I want, at no charge.
    I have lubed the gun with a product called Plasti Lube. I shot highpower rifle competetivly a few years back and I used it on an M1A as well as on my AR with great success.
    Today it was 20 degrees and I was skepical of this product's performace in the cold weather, but the 3rd group of 50 rounds all went bang with again, no problems.
    I don't know if anyone has any experience with this lube, but so far it is working great for me.
    Thank you to all who provide their experiences and information to this forum.
    Last edited by kuchman; 12-16-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Add info

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're off to a good start with your CW9 - a great shooting gun. Let me give you some good advice: get a PJ IWB holster with over the belt clip and a decent cant, put it at about 4:00 with a good belt and I am telling you the truth - it will ride so comfortably there that you won't be able to tell it is there without reaching back there and touching the gun! It is just an amazing holster! Weighs about an ounce, is thin as paper and no bigger than it has to be, yet it is indestructible. It is the perfect carry solution for your CW9.

Last edited by JFootin; 12-17-2012 at 06:18 AM.
    Very interesting...

Hi Kuchman welcome aboard
    After a few hundred rounds that CW9 should smooth out a good bit mine felt like a different gun after a few trips to the range. Great CC gun for sure I love mine enjoy yours.

Quote Originally Posted by JFootin View Post
    Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're off to a good start with your CW9 - a great shooing gun. Let me give you some good advice: get a PJ IWB holster with over the belt clip and a decent cant, put it at about 4:00 with a good belt and I am telling you the truth - it will ride so comfortably there that you won't be able to tell it is there without reaching back there and touching the gun! It is just an amazing holster! Weighs about an ounce, is thin as paper and no bigger than it has to be, yet it is indestructible. It is the perfect carry solution for your CW9.

Or if you don't want to wait, get a Foxx Trapp. I'm sure PJ makes a good product, but I wouldn't want to wait that long as I normally only have 1 handgun

http://foxxholsters.onlybusiness.com...r-details.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Short Bus View Post
    Or if you don't want to wait, get a Foxx Trapp. I'm sure PJ makes a good product, but I wouldn't want to wait that long as I normally only have 1 handgun

http://foxxholsters.onlybusiness.com...r-details.aspx
    Sorry, Short Bus, but the FoxX Trapp is made out of thicker kydex, is bulkier and not shaped as well. I'll guarantee it isn't as magically comfortable as the PJ. I know from experience buying holsters from a lot of makers. There are tons of kydex holsters being made and most of them are thicker and bulkier like the FoxX Trapp, but there is something truly amazing about the PJ holsters, with comfort that is far superior. The only reason you have to wait a couple of weeks for a PJ is because the comfort and quality of his holsters have made them VERY POPULAR! The wait time is not unusual at all for holsters that are made one at a time to the customer's specific desires. Paul will work with you on ride height, cant, tightness of hold to the gun. I am currently waiting for a holster that is taking 9 weeks to produce, and I am on the waiting list for another one that might take over 1/2 a year. Impatience won't get you as good results. If you need something to carry your CW9 in in the mean time, pick up a $5-10 nylon Uncle Mike's holster at your local gun store or maybe even Walmart. If you get one with a thumb break retaining strap, it could still serve you as a rough duty field holster after you get your PJ.
    Last edited by JFootin; 12-19-2012 at 09:12 PM.
    Very interesting...

Kuchman Looks like some missed the indorement of the Plasti-Coat. Turned it into a holster tread on you.

Thanks for the product heads up. You might want to compair it to Pro-Shot Pro-gold for a heavy lube and there Zero friction for a lite lube needs. I started useing the pro gold on the advise of a old master gunsmith and more recently found the zero friction for general lite lube needs.

http://www.proshotproducts.com/Pro-G...jar_p_616.html
    http://www.proshotproducts.com/Zero-...ler_p_618.html

I have a cw9 and cm9 that both like yours need no real brake in . Simply worked well. What ammo are you useing for first rounds fired. Is it a 124gr load? Good luck with your kahr.

Default nice report

Quote Originally Posted by kuchman View Post
    I recently purchased my first Kahr handgun, the CW9. I did a lot of research to esttle in on this weapon. I replaced a Glock that I liked to shoot, but I had trouble pointing it well. The Glock fit in MY hand as it related to pointability was a challenge. Of course, this was just me.
    I cleaned the new weapon per the information on the posts located here in this forum, thanks for the information.
    The first 50 rounds went flawless. I cleaned again, the second 50 flawless again! Wow, it was functioning flawlessly.

I live in Minnesota and I am lucky to have a an outdoor area I setup for my shooting; its not great, but I can go when I want, at no charge.
    I have lubed the gun with a product called Plasti Lube. I shot highpower rifle competetivly a few years back and I used it on an M1A as well as on my AR with great success.
    Today it was 20 degrees and I was skepical of this product's performace in the cold weather, but the 3rd group of 50 rounds all went bang with again, no problems.
    I don't know if anyone has any experience with this lube, but so far it is working great for me.
    Thank you to all who provide their experiences and information to this forum.
    again anutter good tip on anutter good gun lube. I never heardof it but that doesn't say nutting. U bought a dandy kahr, and y bet is U WILL BE BACK SOON with anutter kahr gun report..

welcome aboard. watch out for guys here like JFootin, Muggsy,Tinman, Grotman, pay strict attention to ol jocko and u will be ok and well protected on this forum, agree with everything I say and we will be really good buddies. Some here will tellu that is not good to be on my non-buddy list. Just sayin.
    . My PM9 has over 40,000+ rounds through it, and runs much better than an illegal trying to get across our border

NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

MAY GOD BLESS MUGGSY

Default Cw9

Thanks jocko, I appreciate the insight.
    I am actually thinking of a De Santis Top Cop for OWB carry. I am a little "full figured" and feel the IWB holster might be a little "lumpy". I know there aren't many others like me, (that full figured type) but does anyone have any experience on this type of carry??
    I like the PJ holster's design and it sounds as though that most others on this site do as well.
    By the way, I have a CW45 in my "sights" in the not too distant future. I own a Springfield 1911, semi-juiced up, and love that firearm and cartridge, too.
    You guys know, this gun disease is GREAT!

God Bless the families and survivors of the horrible attack in CT.

Well, kuchman, I am a real big fan of the PJ holster. I have a good sized middle aged spread and a spare tire. I am a lefty and my CM9 rides in the PJ at about 8:00 so comfortably that it seems to disappear. Paul does something really magic with the shape of the holster so that it and the gun just become a part of my body. It doesn't shift or move when I am moving around, so the mass of the gun cannot be felt. The one that I recommend is the IWB with the over the belt clip and a decent cant.
    Very interesting...

Hey jfootin, thanks. I am a lefty as well. And I appreciate the feedback. I actually e-mailed Paul at PJ last night and am looking into an OWB and an IWB as well. I will definitely check the unit out you recommend.
    Thanks.

PS
    I told everyone that I use Plasti-Kote for lube. I pulled the gun apart and was really impressed with how this product held up, try it if you need another option.